Life Sciences Consultant
As one of Putnam’s Life Sciences Consultants you will help deliver with a team of Associates to complete projects. Working with Managers and Partners you will:
- Work with clients to understand problems, and develop and refine hypotheses to test
- Structure complex strategic and analytical problems that constitute the core of the team’s work
- Leverage your substantial science training to optimize commercial strategies for our clients
- Lead the entire team to summarize analyses into key findings and actionable recommendation and participate in delivering these in client presentations
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will have an advanced degree (PhD, MD, PharmD) from a top school and demonstrated excellence as undergraduates, graduates and during any previous employment opportunities
- Proven analytic abilities, a rigorous background, presentation skills, management experience and a team-oriented attitude are essential.
- Degrees in Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics or Engineering are most desirable
- Candidates doing a Postdoc or MBA will also be considered
- A demonstrated passion for health care or the life sciences is essential
- An active interest in commercial strategy or the business side of health care is preferred
What we offer!
- Great compensation package, accompanied by excellent year-end bonus
- Professional growth and promotion opportunities, through extensive learning & development and mentorship
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental & disability insurance, paid time off, health & wellness allowances
- Potential for graduate education tuition reimbursement
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Putnam Associates is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments and that this is not a finance opportunity
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory company, is a leading scientific and strategic consulting partner that helps the global life science community make confident decisions, build value, and bring life-changing innovations to clinicians and patients. For more than 30 years, our rigorous, bespoke approach and globally diverse team have delivered unrivaled depth across therapeutic areas, business functions, geographic markets, healthcare sectors, and technology platforms to maximize the human impact and commercial success of client innovations.
We believe that to create real, lasting change on human health, we must bring out the best in our people, in every way and at every level. We offer a boutique-firm feel inside a global enterprise, opening the door to limitless opportunities to kickstart your career or hone your expertise. Built on the pillars of empowerment, collaboration, and meaning, we’re proud to offer a fulfilling environment where world-class advisors can come together to shape the future of healthcare for the better.
Serving the life sciences industry, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies, consistently ranked as one of the top consulting firms by Vault, and maintaining a true global team of experts with 550+ team members sitting across 3 continents, we offer a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting our clients. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Tokyo, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, Paris, and Newcastle – but for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients. #LI-DNI