Job Title: Account Director, Inizio Advisory
Job Purpose: Strategic management, coordination, and oversight of a portfolio of Client Accounts. Responsible for partnering with Advisory Businesses to expand customer relationships, increase sales and exploit whitespace opportunity.
Reports To: Chief Growth Officer, Advisory, or designee.
Inizio Advisory (Putnam, Vynamic, STEM Healthcare and Research Partnership) is a trusted advisor for health and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond.
We provide market research and insights, strategy consulting, people and transformation consulting, and commercial benchmarking that has empowered world-leading strategies for portfolio development, product launch, franchising, HEOR, pricing, and market access —all expert-designed, data-backed, and completely patient-inspired.
Inizio is a truly global partner with more than 12,500 experts operating in over 50 countries covering all major health and life sciences markets. This newly created role will drive and deliver the Advisory level account strategy for a portfolio of Client Accounts, working in close partnership with our four Advisory businesses – who together have a workforce of 1500 employees.
- Identify and build strong, enduring relationships with key decision makers.
- Align with Inizio advisory business stakeholders to set Advisory level account strategy and document this according to the approved Sales / Account Management methodology (e.g., Miller Heimann)
- Partner with Advisory businesses to drive account performance to meet or exceed annual sales targets for specified Accounts.
- Drive strategic proposal volume and assist in development of proposal content as appropriate.
- Establish, track, and communicate leading indicators of sales performance (hit/strike rate, proposal volume, sales results)
- Develop and identify prospective solutions based on customer need, and portfolio/pipeline strategy.
- Engage with operational programme teams to track milestones and results - identifying, trouble-shooting and escalating issues (where necessary) to drive Client satisfaction.
- Gather client and competitive intelligence to inform the Advisory Account Strategy; coordinate with Inizio client data & insights team and Advisory businesses to identify whitespace aggregated to Advisory level (incl. functions, Therapeutic areas, geographies, etc. and establish connections to transition these opportunities into qualified leads.
- Triage & coordinate account enterprise capability overviews, RFPs, and/or data requests
- Function as the key POC within Advisory for nominated accounts, supporting coordination between Advisory businesses and Inizio Enterprise level Strategic Account Managers for these accounts.
- Excellent internal / external stakeholder management skills.
- Able to communicate with impact and influence.
- Curious, solution-oriented, and proactive
- Results and sales target driven
- Flexible and able to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Prepared to travel globally as required but ideally located in US.
Experience and Skills:
- Background in working with Life Sciences / Pharma
- Understanding of Commercial and Marketing Services in Pharma
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining strong client relationships.
- Demonstrated success in achieving sales targets for professional services.
- Demonstrated relevant experience.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s level degree
- Experience engaging with Procurement function to identify opportunities and convey mutual value exchange.
- Basic working knowledge of CRM and demand tracking systems (e.g., Salesforce); as well as associated reporting
- Excellent planning and project management skills particularly as it relates to the development of BD collateral or RFP responses amid scarce resources (i.e., limited number of content authors, limited time from those authors)
- Significant presentation experience in front of senior level clients
- Working knowledge of some form of a consultative selling and/or Account Planning model (E.g., HCS, Miller-Heiman, etc.)