Putnam over the years has provided significant support to Medical Affairs teams and is looking to grow our team.
A Partner at Putnam is responsible for team management and client business development within their practice area. They must effectively identify potential client engagements, qualify leads, and drive the business development process. They will write and submit project proposals, develop and deliver capability presentations, and respond to prospective client needs. They are responsible for developing intellectual thought leadership for the company and for enhancing their practice area within the firm. They are also responsible for building and enhancing existing client relationships and for overseeing client project teams as well as collaborating with other practice areas (commercial, pricing and access, Portfolio/BD&L).
Responsibilities and measurements of success include but are not limited to:
- Leadership effectiveness through team management effectiveness, coaching and mentoring, participation in positive firm culture building, practice area development contributions
- Extensive project work planning and client interaction and management
- Development of key insights from all workstreams and translation of those insights into a compelling storyline and presentation that can drive strategic planning by our clients
- Proposal development and revenue generation
- Participation in industry thought leadership
Medical affairs projects support clients in the following areas:
- Asset Development
- Launch Strategy
- Digital Health & Omnichannel
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in project work planning and strategy development
- Working in (cross-functional) team-based environment
- Demonstrated excellence during academic career (MD, PhD, PharmD)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with other top-tier consulting firms or within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
- A successful history of people and team management through mentorship, knowledge sharing, and leadership.
- Development of key insights into a compelling storyline and strategies
- Strategic planning
- Proven analytical capabilities, presentation skills, team management and detail orientation
- A strong team player with a desire to facilitate collaboration
- A clear desire to build bespoke solutions for clients, with an innovative mindset
- Medical affairs experience
What we offer!
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Exceptional professional growth opportunities through mentorship and leadership training
- Hybrid working model and office location options
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental & disability insurance, paid time off, cell phone benefits, and more!
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Putnam Associates is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments and that this is not a finance opportunity.