Principals are the senior leaders of Putnam, responsible for collectively driving capability building, client and business development, client servicing and project execution, and staff development and mentorship. Putnam employs a trust-based consultative selling model in which Partners and Principals not only source project opportunities but provide hands-on oversight of project execution teams ongoing strategic and executive counsel to firm clients across the life sciences industry. In addition, Partners and Principals carry a range of firm leadership responsibilities contributing to firm and practice building and team development. We are looking to hire candidates who can support a range of projects that map to our practice areas [Commercial and Value Pricing & Market Access].
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Executive leadership to project teams, ensuring both high quality client service, engagement and advice, as well as high quality experiences and skill building for our members of the consulting teams delivering projects
- Collaborative client relationship building, project sourcing and project scoping, relying first and foremost on high level of service and trust building via high quality client engagements and strategic counsel, and secondarily on thought leadership, expertise demonstration and networking activities
- Firm and or practice building, taking on any of a variety of leadership roles collectively required to ensure our practices stay at the forefront of capabilities our clients require, and that our team members are developed to the highest competency standards to both service our clients effectively and continue to grow our firm and practice leadership teams
- Firm strategic direction and strategic planning engagement via practice areas and firm leadership team participation
- Team growth and development leadership activities, ensuring continued acquisition of high quality and diverse talent, effective team mentorship, rapid skill and capability building, positive culture and strong job satisfaction amongst our consulting teams
- Effective collaboration with experts from sister companies within the broad Inizio network, leveraging access to broad capabilities of the organization to best service our collective clients and provide learning and growth opportunities for our team members
- Running projects across a range of use cases depending on your practice area expertise from early pipeline assessment, product launch strategy, to developing pricing, contracting, and access strategies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in project work planning, client management, and account development within the consulting and life sciences space.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience
- A successful history of people and team management through mentorship, knowledge sharing, and leadership.
- Ability to balance analytical depth and big picture thinking to answer clients’ key business questions.
- Proposal development and impactful communication skills to effectively pitch to clients and prospects
- Participation and ability to drive industry thought leadership
What we offer you!
- Industry competitive and salary and bonus package tied to individual, group, and firm performance
- Exceptional senior partner mentorship, leadership training and career development support
- Industry competitive benefits [pension, paid time off, health & wellness perks, and more] with great attention to career sustainability
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
At Putnam, we pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Please note that Putnam is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments.