As Putnam’s Senior Data Scientist, you will lead and manage Data Analysts & Data Scientists to solve interesting analytical problems for the clients in the life sciences industry. You will be instrumental in developing the core deliverables of analytics engagements by applying coding and modelling skills. In this role you will work with the project case team on big data analytics, including:
- Lead the daily operations with case managers in executing and synthesizing analyses into key findings and actionable recommendations and participate in delivering these recommendations to our clients
- Effectively oversee analytical workstreams and drive the standardization and productization of core analytical project types
- Coach junior Data Analyst/Data Scientist on project execution and management
Desired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate for the Senior Data Scientist position is a highly intelligent and self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic and excellent team skills
- Proven analytic experiences, problem-solving skills, team management experience, and a team-oriented attitude are essential.
- A working knowledge of the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry is also a prerequisite.
- 7+ years’ work experience in other top-tier consulting firms or other companies within the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries. Experience in the life sciences industry is required.
- Relevant analytical/programming experiences in life science industry, including:
- Proficiency in processing and manipulating large data in SQL and Python/R/SAS and Excel (Power Query, VBA)
- Experiences in statistical testing and machine learning models (e.g., Non-parametric tests, supervised and unsupervised learning, automation learning)
- Experiences using cloud infrastructure to perform analysis (e.g., AWS, Snowflake)
- Experiences in data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik Sense)
- Experiences in healthcare datasets (e.g., Komodo, IQVIA, Symphony, Truven, Optum, Flatiron, Charge Master, Lab, Provider and Payer data)
- Ability to manage analytical work streams on multiple large-scale projects simultaneously and make contribution of substance to the thought development and design of the project
- This is NOT a technical IT role
Opportunities for continued professional growth abound at Putnam where we have a long track record of promoting from within as our primary source of management level talent.
What we offer you!
- Competitive salary, accompanied by excellent year-end bonus
- Exceptional professional growth and promotion opportunities
- Additional benefits include a 401(k) plan, health, dental & disability insurance, 3 weeks paid vacation
- Comprehensive training program and potential for graduate education tuition reimbursement.
- Hybrid working model in all office hubs [Boston, New York, San Francisco, and London]. A remote opportunity may be available. Please note preference during application.
Putnam, an Inizio Advisory Company, is a premier strategic consulting partner for pharmaceutical and life science companies serving a range of biopharmaceutical, diagnostics, medtech, and private equity/venture capital clients. For more than 30 years, we have provided high-impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping our clients solve their most complex challenges across the patient journey and franchise lifecycle to bring preventions and treatments to those that need them. We offer an unparalleled depth and breadth of advisory service expertise combined with scientific and technical capabilities across strategic and therapeutic areas. We listen to client needs, help shape hypotheses, analyze data, and advise on the strategy of life-changing therapies, empowering better decisions to create long-term value for patients.
We pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact oriented. We serve many of the industry leaders, including the top 20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Most of our studies combine sophisticated quantitative analytics with significant qualitative fact-finding and synthesis to inform strategic decision-making. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales and marketing strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies. Our team members are our greatest asset and significantly contribute to the growth and success of our firm. Consistently ranked as one of the Top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to play a central role in supporting leading life science companies.
We have a true global presence with 550+ talented team members sitting across 3 continents. Our primary office locations are Boston, New York, San Francisco, London, Japan, Tunisia, Delhi, Krakow, and Paris. But for the right role and candidate, remote work is an option.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are tenets of our core values. We strive to create a culture and environment that fosters belonging and authenticity across all levels and values individuals for their skills, experience, diverse backgrounds, and unique perspectives. Collectively, DEI serves as a foundational element of who we are and how we work with our clients and with each other.
Our core values:
We are proudly part of Inizio Advisory, a trusted advisor for pharmaceutical and life science companies that turns science into strategy, supporting execution at every stage of the product and patient journey from early commercialization to launch and beyond. Offering market research and insights; strategy, people and transformation consulting; and commercial benchmarking delivered through sector specific connected solutions and intelligence, Inizio Advisory helps create long-term value for clients and their patients.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Please note that Putnam Associates is in no way affiliated with Putnam Investments and that this is not a finance opportunity.