☆ Award-winning software development company
☆ Great inclusive culture, flexible working options, mentorship programs
☆ Creating social good in thousands of faith communities globally
Here at Pushpay, we are leaders in our industry supporting 10,000+ customers to drive social good in communities around the world through our suite of SaaS products. In the 2021 financial year we were honoured to process US$6.9 billion in charitable giving. We think that makes for a pretty special environment to grow a career. Over the last few years Pushpay has grown substantially, including an exciting acquisition in 2020 and the need to bring multiple products into a cohesive user experience that increases outcomes for our users.
Our award winning design team exists to build empathy and understanding towards our users, to share that with the rest of the company, and to collaborate in designing world class product experiences that create lasting value.
We are a New Zealand based company, publicly traded on the NZX. Our engineering and product teams are based in Colorado Springs and Auckland, with additional support in Seattle.
About the Role
Here in our Auckland office we need a UX designer that has the skills and passion to drive community, connection, and belonging through product design of our software suite.
In this role you can expect:
- To deliver world-class product design that is on par or superior to our benchmarks
- To plan and conduct UX design and testing activities on large and complex projects that solve problems early and clearly
- To drive outcomes by establishing means of measuring and monitoring the success of your designs against company and product goals.
- To partner with product management and engineering across the end-to-end of every project - to ensure designs are informed by user insights and business needs, and the end result looks and functions as intended
- To work globally, first by engaging with a primarily US customer base, and by working effectively with peers and colleagues in Auckland, Seattle, and Colorado Springs.
- To mentor more junior members of the UX team
- To contribute to our culture and insights-based practice, doing your part to ensure Pushpay remains a place where people of all backgrounds can thrive
You'll be a senior member of a small team of UX designers and researchers, responsible for delivering world class solutions that drive user outcomes in your product area, and contributing to a cohesive experience across the product suite. You value working directly with product managers, engineers and QAs on a daily basis; influencing and coaching others to ensure the best outcomes for our users. You deeply care about people, and have a passion to create a place where talented people want to work.
A qualified candidate will typically have:
- 7+ years in UX design, with a significant proportion working in a SaaS environment.
- A record of making positive impacts through technology based experiences.
- The ability to autonomously embrace the company, product and experience strategies, and map journeys, tactics, and outcomes for a product to support it.
- The ability to communicate fluidly and pragmatically in written and verbal forms to mid-level management, and fellow team members alike.
- Experience with iterative and rapid UX practices and decision making.
- The capability to form meaningful working partnerships with product management and engineering leaders.
We have a passion for making all employees feel supported. In addition to having a genuine interest in helping you do your best work and drive your career, we offer:
- $3000 annual training/conference allowance
- Bringing together exceptionally talented and generous colleagues
- Use your UX superpower to craft products that have large social impact
- Flexible working program
- Competitive salary
- Mac-based gear + latest UX tools
- Friday in-office happy hour
- Healthy food & drink options
- Communicative leadership
- Volunteering options through our employee led Pushpay Cares team
- Grow your skills in a mature UX practice where user research and testing are already established as part of our workflow
Due to current border restrictions, to be considered for this vacancy you MUST either currently reside in New Zealand, or if currently off-shore, be a New Zealand or Australian citizen/permanent resident or resident with valid travel conditions.