Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community, connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits, Pushpay helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime, anywhere.
Engagement is the key to community. In today’s world, “online” or “digital” is no longer cutting edge. Phones have evolved into smartphones, and these personal devices are linking people everywhere to the outside world on their own terms. Now you can harness this cultural shift to connect people with your organization, driving engagement and participation. If you’re interested in learning more about career opportunities, visit pushpay.com.
About the Team:
Be a part of building the team that ensures our customers have a true partner and advocate in the successful adoption and use of our solutions. Through thoughtful deployment, training and ongoing support, our team delivers a world class experience enabling our customers to achieve their organizational goals.
About the Position:
At Pushpay, the Strategic CSM Manager plays a key role in building and fostering relationships with our customers. You will manage a team that is quota-based and responsible for the retention, renewal rate and increased adoption across our top 120 customers. You will interact with and build relationships with our strategic customers, other Pushpay leaders and with your team. You will foster and grow a culture of success, excellence and continued development. Your team goals will include annual renewal dollars, expansion and upsell of products and increase giving through the Pushpay platform. You will be evaluated on your ability to engage your team, facilitate learning and sharing and growth of your people. In the end you and your team will be dedicated to making our customers successful in their deployment, adoption and usage of Pushpay.
This role requires strong attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills, as well as experience managing customer success/account management teams. Experience in the SaaS space is a major plus. This role reports to the Senior Director of Customer Success.
- People Development and Key Skill Development: We put people first. The best team of people outperform, have solid conversions and ultimately build strong relationships with our customers.
- Revenue Retention : You will have targets and goals that ensure our customers stay customers.
- Adoption Target : We are here to help our organizations deploy and use Pushpay, but the work doesn’t stop there. We help them engage with their givers and drive adoption beyond the organization.
- Upsell : We are building the most powerful engagement platform in the market. You will be responsible to sell additional products and features.
- Pushpay Product Training and Assistance : You will be an expert in Pushpay’s products so you are able to help with training, deployment, and giver adoption. This knowledge will help us ensure our successes, which drives both retention and upsell.
- Over Communicate: You will default to over-communication as we operate in a no-surprises environment. This will take the form of formal reporting, team meetings/huddles, informal updates, etc. You will confront the brutal facts so that we can ensure our teams and business are growing and learning.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Experienced. You have at least 5-7 years of experience managing an inside sales, account management or renewal team experience. You’ve used and have working knowledge of Salesforce.com or a similar CRM system. Ideally, you have experience with Tableau & GainSight. Experience with maintenance renewal process, Not-for-Profit, Education, or Faith verticals and/or background in software is preferred. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate complex technology and problems in a simple way. You are a teacher and take the time to explain the “WHY” we do things. You foster an open environment for your team. You effectively communicate with all levels of an organization. You are extremely comfortable presenting to customers, large groups, or company events.
- Problem Solver. You love identifying and tackle the most difficult of challenges and know how to work with a team to get to the best solution. You go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; you are self-directed and resourceful. Many would describe you as a “self- starter” or “driven.” You have built teams before, and are keenly aware of the gaps that need to be addressed as we build a startup team into a world class team.
- Multi-Tasking/Time Management. You flourish in a “hair on fire” environment; in fact, you would have it no other way. You excel at time management and prioritization among many demands. You know how to organize yourself so that you accomplish the critical few tasks each day. You thrive when you are busy with lots of things to accomplish during the day. You feel a sense of satisfaction when you are able to accomplish a full day of work.
- Business Minded. You love learning technology and have impeccable business acumen. You understand and have worked in different verticals and markets, and have learned about many different roles. All of this knowledge you use to make your teams better.
- Detail Oriented. You handle details accurately and in a timely manner. You can effectively manage opportunities, customer interactions, and key projects’ checkpoints with attention to detail. You are comfortable building reporting, and looking at your business analytically.
- People Person. You have strong interpersonal skills and strive to maintain strong relationships with your team, your customers and your colleagues. Your customer service and communication skills are top-notch in person, over the phone and in email. You see no problem with building relationships with all types of people at all levels within an organization. You are able to connect and lead from your heart.
- Performer. You love to set goals and see those goals through to success. You want to achieve your metrics monthly, quarterly, and annually. You help your team around you succeed and hold them accountable to their goals. After all, you are only successful through them. You don’t settle for the status quo. You love to “over” perform and can show your successes.
- Naturally Curious. You love to learn about why and how things work. Your favorite question as a child was “Why?”. You like to spend time understanding your customer’s needs in detail, and how you can help. You are always seeking to learn new skills and knowledge, and use that to be a better leader and a better coach to your team.
- Fun and Fast Paced. You enjoy fast-paced roles with lots to do. You are ok with change and ambiguity as we grow. You live by the idea that building a new team is better than maintaining a team. You want to work with other fun people, who enjoy learning and helping each other.
- 5-7 years+ of managing teams of 5+ people
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven high performance and track record with meeting/exceeding quota or other metrics
- Experience presenting to top tier customers and executives
- Experience in the customer success, account management &/or consulting space
- Experience in fast paced growth sectors, like fast growing divisions of companies or startups
- Building and growing high performing teams
- Persistence and determination to deliver results; excellent written/verbal communication and time-management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships across the organization
- A love for problem-solving and attention to detail with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Experience in direct customer or client-facing roles
- A desire to help people and improve the customer experience
- Must be a TEAM player - this role won’t work well if you don’t work well with others
- Experience managing remote team members
- SaaS experience