Do you love mobile apps, technology and people? Join the Pushpay Apps team designing mobile experiences that help connect people and build communities within the faith industry.
As a UX/UI Designer in the Pushpay Apps Team, you will be crafting exceptional app experiences for community members and our customers, focusing on our community apps and app builder web application.
In this role, you will be collaborating interdependently with our Apps Design Lead, product managers, engineers and stakeholders with a strong team spirit. You have the confidence to design scalable solutions for projects of different sizes, relying on human-centred discovery research, user testing and best practice.
Here at Pushpay, our UX practice is inspired and guided by the Human Centered Design framework and Lean UX methodology; this means cross-team collaboration is central to our ethos and as a UX team member you're a champion for this approach.
The Pushpay Apps Team
We are a close-knit team who loves building new app experiences and evolving existing ones. You will be challenged by varied user problems, servicing different customer types and complex technical puzzles. So we are looking for an enthusiastic and visionary app designer who is a team player and keen to be part of the A-Team for the long haul.
- Delivering world-class mobile & web app design work in a collaborative team environment - planning and conducting a range of iterative design activities that solve problems early and clearly, from sketchups, mockups, low-fidelity prototypes to high-fidelity and interactive UI designs
- Collaborating with User Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers to co-design requirements and user needs to solve problems early and clearly
- Working closely with the Apps Design Lead to ensure we keep our app experience streamlined and evolving with the constantly changing technology
- Collaborating with designers and researchers from other lanes as needed to ensure consistency across our components library, and contributing to our Design System
- Contributing to user interviews and testing sessions to build empathy with our users and contribute to our organisation's user intelligence
- Practice Lean UX method and be human centred and insights-driven in your design thinking
- Input into the design vision and design system for our organisation
- 3+ years of digital or product design experience
- Domain knowledge around iOS and Android design languages
- Passion for all things apps-related, especially around connecting people through technology
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practices in interaction design (ie. user scenarios, user flows and rapid prototypes) and a good understanding of apps user behaviour
- A team player who shares knowledge and experience with teammates
- A learning mindset and hunger to grow, evolve and develop excellence in lean and deeply collaborative UX practice
- A strong grasp of user-centered design including usability and accessibility concerns
- You care about bringing delight to your design so examples of micro-interaction works will be crucial
- Openness to giving and receiving feedback
- Can confidently use: Sketch, InVision, Flinto/Principle/UXPin, Moqups/Balsamiq, Adobe and Google Suite
What's in it for you
- A great opportunity to synergize design and technology to help our customers build communities that are driven by social good and faith.
- Use your UX superpower to craft products that have large social impact in the US market.
- A competitive salary + Mac-based design gear + latest design software.
- Be part of an award-winning Kiwi company that is making a difference globally.
- A beautiful modern office with natural lighting at the heart of Auckland CBD, with easy access to gyms, restaurants and Victoria Park.
- Fruits, drinks and healthy snacks.
- Drive your own development and training with a dedicated training budget and book club.
- Work with experienced engineers, data scientists, researchers and product managers who are all in-house, collaborative and value UX.
- Grow your skills in a mature UX practice where user research and user testing are already established as part of our design workflow.