Do you love mobile apps, technology and people? Join the Pushpay Apps team designing mobile experiences that help connect people and build communities within the faith industry.
As a Lead UX/UI Designer in the Pushpay Apps team you are a master of UX/UI practice and subject matter expert - leading the design and user experience for community apps, and our app builder web application. You ensure consistency and quality, and the delivery of a delightful, usable and accessible experience for our customers.
In this role, you will be collaborating interdependently with fellow apps designers, product managers, engineers and stakeholders with a strong team spirit. You oversee the day to day execution of all apps design work, bringing creative strategic leadership, work scheduling and coordination, and mentorship and communication to your team members and collaborators. Alongside this, you put your own practice into play delivering your own work too.
Here at Pushpay, our UX practice is inspired and guided by the Human Centered Design framework and Lean UX methodology; this means cross-team collaboration is central to our ethos and as a lead practitioner you’re a champion for this approach and help usher best practices into life.
The Pushpay Apps Team
We are a close-knit team who loves building new app experiences and evolving existing ones. You will be challenged by varied user problems, servicing different customer types and complex technical puzzles. So we are looking for an enthusiastic and visionary app design leader who is a team player and keen to be part of the A-Team for the long haul.
- Co-lead, in symphony with your fellow lead practitioners, the design direction and strategy of the Pushpay user experience.
- Assign and distribute work to your team members, with mindfulness for their superpowers and development goals.
- Collaborate on roadmap development, timeline and resource management, project estimation and deadlines, and project communication, including documenting progress and alerting stakeholders of any blockers or changes to schedule.
- Find communication strategies to position the value UX perspectives and projects to non-UX team members and the business.
- Bring design leadership to the apps design team, including regular reviews and feedback, collegial support and coaching (including assisting team members with progressing their own professional development plans), promoting good design processes and facilitating design innovation.
- Own and maintain style and usability guidelines in collaboration with fellow lead practitioners.
- Lead initiatives to evolve our UX & Design practice by looking at trends, tools and best practices suitable for the need of the business.
- Plan and conduct design activities for complex or major projects, including rapid prototyping, user testing and high fidelity mockups.
- Continual analysis of our customers’ interactions with your product, to understand and define the customer lifecycle and optimize their experience.
- Regular competitor analysis and research into the latest trends and industry standards.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Product Designer or 2+ years as Lead Designer.
- Well experienced in, and a champion and advocate for, Lean UX and Human Centred Design for complex software products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Collaborative, a team player, and able to work with a wide range of people.
- You stay up to date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Able to inspire creativity and innovation.
- Able to appreciate both users’ needs and company’s requirements.
- Learning mindset, with a hunger to grow.
- Systems thinker: You can logically visualize complex systems, user interaction flows and design optimum interfaces that are reusable and scalable.
What’s in it for you
- A great opportunity to synergize design and technology to help our customers build communities that are driven by social good and faith.
- Use your UX superpower to craft products that have large social impact in the US market.
- A competitive salary + Mac-based design gear + latest design software.
- Be part of an award-winning Kiwi company that is making a difference globally.
- A beautiful modern office with natural lighting at the heart of Auckland CBD, with easy access to gyms, restaurants and Victoria Park.
- Fruits, drinks and healthy snacks.
- Drive your own development and training with a dedicated training budget and book club.
- Work with experienced engineers, data scientists, researchers and product managers who are all in-house, collaborative and value UX.
- Grow your skills in a mature UX practice where user research and user testing are already established as part of our design workflow.