Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where it’s needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills and industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, and become the next generation of leaders in tech.
Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, and JPMorgan Chase, and increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, and communities across the nation. Read about our work in the New York Times: Income Before: $18,000. After: $85,000. Does Tiny Nonprofit Hold a Key to the Middle Class?
About the Role
As Pursuit’s Business Operations Analyst, you will play a critical role in managing and making useful all the information and information systems that drive our mission. You will take charge of Pursuit’s data collection and storage systems, further strengthen their linkages, and develop the dashboards, reports, and analyses that drive the organization forward.
This is an excellent opportunity for a data and systems guru who is looking to use their skills to make a clear daily impact on people’s lives.
- You find joy in a beautiful and useful data dashboard
- You love to use analytics to find the important human stories and insights within big datasets
- You know how to make disparate portals, platforms, and spreadsheets work nicely together
- You’re always looking for ways to automate everyday tasks
- You find satisfaction in combing through data to make sure the details are correct and complete
- You enjoy working across different teams and functions of a buzzing organization
- Develop and maintain information collection and storage systems across Pursuit
- Lead updates, train staff users, and troubleshoot for systems like our CRM, Applicant Tracking System, and public-facing website
- Develop live dashboards and analyses for Pursuit’s program and business teams
- Build and sustain linkages across data systems
- Create and maintain notification and alert systems for key events and data changes
- Respond to needs for ad-hoc reports for Pursuit’s program and business teams
- Support build and rollout for new data tools and features
- 2-5+ years working in an analytics and/or data management role
- Expertise in Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with data visualization software, especially Tableau
- Experience with CRM software, especially Salesforce
- Experience building and maintaining ETL processes
- Understanding of analytic techniques and tools
- Experience with Python and/or R a plus
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Pursuit’s mission
Location: Hybrid/Long Island City, NY
Staff will be working on site in our Long Island City Office 2 days/week beginning in March 2023.
Compensation: $65,000 - $90,000
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Where you’ll work: Because we are One Big Team, we are planning to return to a hybrid work in the Spring. This means you will work 2 days in our Long Island City Office and 3 days where you work best.
Time Commitment: Full-time
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives and affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.