Technical Team Lead, Core Program
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates economic transformation for high-need, high-potential individuals through our technical training programs. We are not just another coding boot camp. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, and employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs and thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate and collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And it’s not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, and everything in between. We also activate and engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts and professionals help keep our curriculum fresh and our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, and Capstone projects.
Our Fellows are successful in part because of our amazing instructional staff. Key to the success of our instructors is the Technical Team Lead, of the Core Program. As a Technical Team Lead you will be a part of the Core Leadership Team, advising on program strategy, modeling a tech/start-up culture, and managing instructional teams toward Fellow outcomes.
As a Technical Team Lead, Core Program you will:
- Manage a team of technical and non-technical instructional staff, and drive them toward achieving desired Fellow outcomes of tech mastery, industry readiness, leadership (ultimately leading to hiring)
- Implement and manage a program experience and culture that that prepares Fellows for the tech/start up and professional environment
- Analyze data on Fellow performance, both individual and as a class, working with a cross functional team to forecast success metrics and drive toward intended outcomes
- Be a key member of the Core Leadership team, working with the Director of Core and other leaders to inform program design and strategy
- Take a leadership role in the excellent execution of milestone Fellow events, such as Onboarding, Hackathon and Demo Day.
- Partner with the curriculum team to ensure that instructional staff have the necessary tools to deliver excellent classroom experiences, iterating on curriculum and classroom materials.
- Ensure instructional team is implementing best practices with regard to adult learning.
What you need to be considered for a Technical Team Lead role:
- 1+ years experience managing a function, or team
- Experience working in a tech company or startup environment, with strong business acumen
- Experience using data to drive strategic decision making
- Ability to set culture of high expectations and motivate team toward results
- High level of accountability and professionalism
- While not necessary, experience with teaching, instruction management or curriculum development is a plus
Where you’ll work:
- Virtually—for now—from your home or our community office space in Long Island City, NYC
- Hybrid model starting in March 2023, with 2 days per week in our Long Island City Office
$110,00 - $130,000
- Great culture where transparency, respect, teamwork, and kindness are valued
- Competitive compensation in base, plus bonus and a full benefits package
- Unlimited PTO and an all-Pursuit week-long holiday the last week of December
- 401k + match
Pursuit values diversity:
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives and affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.