Pursuit is a social impact organization, consisting of a 501c3 non-profit and a Public Benefit Corporation, focused on creating economic transformation for high-need, high-potential adults through technology. We are a mission-driven organization that goes beyond technical instruction to offer coaching, career development, and employer partnerships that help our Fellows secure high-paying software engineering jobs and thrive in their new careers.
We are One Big Team
The passionate and collaborative team at Pursuit gives its all to achieve our mission. And it’s not just staff. We work with employer partners that love hiring our Fellows because they are so well prepared, ranging from big financial firms to scrappy startups, and everything in between. We also activate and engage hundreds of volunteers that come from all areas of the tech industry. These experts and professionals help keep our curriculum fresh and our standards for achievement high by participating in our admissions process, as well as program-specific activities such as interview training, DemoDays, Hackathons, and Capstone projects.
About the Role
Pursuit is looking for a Manager of Talent Acquisition and HR to own our recruiting and hiring work for all employees, and to shape and execute our company-wide talent strategy. You will partner with the leadership across the organization to hire and onboard each new employee, define organizational needs, and drive staff professional development and growth. You will lead highly visible projects to ensure the long-term success of initiatives and growth plans. Additionally, you will…
As the Manager of Talent Acquisition and HR you will:
- Lead the full lifecycle of all hiring processes at Pursuit. This includes recruiting, interviewing, and working with our team to hire for each of our open positions.
- Own onboarding for all new hires, ensuring each new employee is set up for short and long-term success
- Own our people operations function, including collaborating with our data analysts to develop insights into our talent strategy
- Lead our company-wide professional development and talent development strategies, working with team leaders to ensure each employee is growing in their position
- Be a key member of our employee relations and HR team, specifically managing employee mediations and investigations
- Work cross-functionally within Pursuit to ensure talent strategy is aligned with team needs
To be considered for the Manager of Talent Acquisition and HR position you should have:
- 3+ years experience recruiting (end-to-end recruiting), preferably in tech sector recruiting
- Experience designing, developing and/or supporting organization-wide talent management programs. Ideally programs cover performance management, talent development, data analytics and/or relationship management.
- Project/program management
- Awareness of job market & breadth of opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Experience working to deliver across cross-functional teams
Where you’ll work:
- Virtually—for now—from your home or our community office space in Long Island City, NYC
- Because we are One Big Team, we are having conversations on what a return to in-person work schedules would look like and are actively gathering feedback from staff and fellows to determine the best course of action
$85,000 - 100,000
The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Pursuit Values Diversity
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives and affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.