As Pursuit’s Office Manager, you will play a critical role in creating and managing an environment that is safe, inviting, and conducive to fun and productivity. We are searching for an experienced guru in office management, ensuring high levels of organization, effectiveness, communication, and safety within the office and Pursuit space. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter who loves creating a thriving culture and safe physical space while also possessing strong administrative, operational, and management capabilities. Our ideal candidate will also thrive in engaging with the Fellows we serve to help drive an amazing programmatic experience. This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned office manager who is looking to own and drive the office experience and make a clear impact on people’s lives.
- You are excited about working with people at all levels of Pursuit every day
- You have a keen eye for the details that make a space functional and beautiful
- You rally the people around you to take pride in their space and their team
- You enjoy being the first person to welcome guests and members of the Pursuit community
- You are a relentless organizer; you find satisfaction in a well-managed checklist
- You have an uncanny ability to learn everyone’s pets’ names and favorite ice cream flavors
- You have 7+ years of office or facilities management experience and know firsthand what it takes to keep an office humming smoothly
- You want to have a big impact on Pursuit’s fellows, mission, and growth
- Maintain a clean, safe, and operational office environment that is in line with Pursuit values
- Manage office and facilities- related projects and vendors, including relationships, contract negotiations, etc.
- Organize and manage team-building events, weekly staff lunches, off-sites, and other celebrations
- Manage budget for office management-related expenses
- Provide support and hospitality to visitors and guests
Location: Long Island City, NY
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, as well as catered weekly staff lunches and free, delicious snacks.
Time Commitment: Full-time, with some necessary nights and weekend commitments
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where it’s needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills and industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, and become the next generation of leaders in tech. Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, and JPMorgan Chase, and increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000.
In addition to providing training and career support, Pursuit’s innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers and social impact investments to scale our services to more people and places of need. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, and communities across the nation.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant, hard-working team to achieve our goals and support our national expansion.
Creating the Foundations for National Impact
Pursuit is a rapidly growing organization that’s scaling to make a national impact. Founded in 2011, we have doubled in budget and staff each year over the past several years. We are currently a team of 35 and anticipate expanding our team to 60+ this year. We are creating a non-traditional financing model that leverages social impact/program-related investments and earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results. We plan to rapidly scale our operations, personnel, and funding to create the foundations for national expansion and more broadly serve communities and cities across America.