Location: Long Island City, NY
Department: Core Program
Time Commitment: Full-time commitment lasting through the end of the 6.0 cohort.
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.
Pursuit is looking for passionate alumni Instruction Associates to teach the 6.0 Cohort. Instruction Associates should have a no-fail attitude and be prepared to work with Pursuit instructors, PMs, and volunteers to do whatever it takes to provide the appropriate curriculum, instruction, leadership, mentorship, and support to fellow student success.
The Instruction Associate will develop leadership, teaching, and technical skills as he or she guides fellows through the program.
Work with the Lead Instructor, Program Manager, other instructors, and volunteers to train Pursuit fellows to be developers employable at the best tech companies. The role of Instruction Associate is a full-time commitment lasting through the end of the cohort.
- Work with classroom team alongside Lead Instructor & PM
- Provide moral support to current fellows as a been-in-their-shoes graduate of Pursuit
- Grade fellow work; offer robust written and verbal feedback to fellows
- Lead small-group and one-on-one sessions for fellows in need of additional review
- Circulate classroom to answer fellow questions
- Spearhead workshops and activities that respond to the needs of cohort
- Improve survey response metrics on written and verbal feedback to fellow code to 90%
- Provide meaningful interventions to fellows in need of additional support
- 100% of items graded within timeframe set by you and your manager
- 50% of fellows hired by program end; 70% of fellows hired 3 months out; 85% of fellows hired 6 months out
- Graduate of Pursuit
- Passion for teaching and mentorship
- Compassionate and able to work with a broad range of students
- Strong desire to continue to improve skills
- Strong work ethic and reliability
Nice to Haves
- Background in program development or education
- Experience working with a nonprofit