Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where it’s needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills and industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, and become the next generation of leaders in tech. Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, and JPMorgan Chase, and increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000.
In addition to providing training and career support, Pursuit’s innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers and social impact investments to scale our services to more people and places of need. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, and communities across the nation.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant hard-working team to achieve our goals and support our national expansion.
About This Role
We are currently seeking a driven and experienced recruiter to lead talent acquisition at Pursuit. In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the development and growth of the organization. We expect our team to double in size this year, and we are looking toward national expansion over the next few years. To achieve these ambitious goals, you’ll work collaboratively across Pursuit to define and reach hiring targets on each team, devise and implement successful processes, and build efficient systems that serve our needs as we scale. Most importantly, you’ll recruit extraordinary talent, growing a diverse, world class team that can achieve extraordinary things.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about achieving significant hiring goals, has experience scaling during high-growth, and has deep instincts for finding and inspiring talent. We’re looking for someone who shares our commitment to our mission and is excited about engaging with candidates from a wide diversity of backgrounds to help us fill roles on every team. You are motivated, flexible, creative, and charismatic, with communication skills that consistently impress. You are well-versed in full-cycle recruiting, familiar with best practices and cutting edge recruiting techniques, and eager to share your knowledge. Most importantly, you are a thoughtful and efficient team-builder who carefully identifies the best candidates, ensures outstanding candidate experience, and cultivates high achieving teams.
- Role scoping and hiring process
- Partner with hiring managers to scope positions and review comparable market roles
- Write compelling and informative job descriptions
- Devise efficient interview processes, including defining stakeholder roles, developing scorecards, creating questions for each interview stage, and developing work prompts
- Create ideal candidate profiles, identify targets, and source candidates
- Build pipeline and connect with talent using channels such as, LinkedIn, Pursuit networks, community events, and other active recruitment techniques
- Qualify and assess candidates in phone screens and in-person interviews
- Coordinate and schedule interviews for other members of the Pursuit team
- Systematize hiring processes
- Define standard interview processes and train hiring managers in best practices and recruitment strategies
- Develop job description library, general values scorecard, and communication templates
- Track, measure, and analyze hiring process, using data to make decisions and optimize hiring processes
- Own ATS and train staff to effectively utilize ATS
- Strategic leadership
- Partner with Pursuit management team to develop hiring plans and set recruiting strategies to achieve goals
- Provide insight and data regarding wage and salary trends and market dynamics
- Distribute metrics and provide performance reporting
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience scaling a team during a time of rapid growth
- Natural relationship builder with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to building diverse, inclusive, and highly-talented teams
- Extremely empathetic, with an ability to successfully gauge candidate skills and suitability for different types of roles
- Flexible, creative, and oriented toward growth
- Enthusiasm for and experience with making data-driven decisions
- Experience developing and documenting systems and processes, implementing change, and collaborating with employees at all levels to ensure systems are utilized
- Trustworthy and capable of handling confidential information
- Organized, and able to prioritize, develop realistic timelines, and achieve goals in a start-up environment with competing demands
- Passionate about Pursuit’s mission
Our Values and Culture
At Pursuit, we operate as “One Big Team,” supporting one another and ensuring that everyone from staff to funders to board members and volunteers are aligned in our efforts to bring transformation to our community. Our values underscore everything we do.
Giving Our All: We have a strong moral and ethical purpose. It's a privilege to have the responsibility of our daily work and immense impact on the world. Our purpose coupled with exceptional passion creates a high sense of urgency and deep commitment to our students, to our community, and to each other.
Delivering Outcomes: Because our students deserve it, because our investors expect it, and because each of us demand it. We work with the best -- and we are immeasurably grateful for the time, resources, skill, and care that every member of our community invests in our mission. We earn their faith in us, renew their commitment, and thank them by delivering outcomes to each and every one of our stakeholders.
Data Driven, Human Judgment: We can’t manage anything we can’t measure. Data and analysis give definition and ownership to what we do. Evidenced-based decision making allows us to understand our impact and improve over time. At the same time, our work is about what things could be. We are driven by the potential of humanity and the faith in what’s possible. Our work is about beating the odds and overcoming the counterfactual.
In addition to competitive compensation, we are happy to provide employees with a range of benefits. Our offerings include premium health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible paid time off, robust 401k matching, discounted gym memberships, and a fun and active workplace that includes drinks, snacks, and fun team events.
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives and affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.