Career Advancement Manager
At Pursuit, we are committed to our alumni beyond their first placement in a tech job; we are here to see them through building meaningful careers in the industry. As a member of the Advance team, the Career Advancement Manager (CAM) manages a caseload of ~100 Pursuit alumni employed in tech roles, connecting grads to the right resources according to their individual needs as they progress through their careers. The CAM drives alumni engagement with the larger Pursuit community and serves as the main point of contact for alumni once they complete the 10-month Core training.
- Know that it’s all in the details. You’re organized and have systems in place to make sure that no detail, large or small, slips through the cracks.
- Can balance the importance of both keeping people motivated and holding them accountable. You’re great with people, can help them action plan towards ambitious goals, and you’re genuinely invested in their success.
- Understand what it takes to succeed as a professional, from helping someone create a beautiful resume to helping them plan for a longer-term job transition.
- Are tenacious, and enjoy the process of thinking creatively to solve a problem.
What success looks like:
- Your grads are asking for and receiving promotions, raises, and leadership positions within their companies.
- Your grads have a clear sense of where they want to go in their careers and what they need in order to get there.
- You are communicating with your caseload on a regular basis to assess their needs, connect them to resources, and collect accurate employment data as it evolves.
- Your grads are converting from temporary to full-time positions, and staying in the tech industry for the long-term.
- You’re meticulously collecting data to provide informed support to your caseload and to inform our Core training program.
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with the tech landscape including various roles, hiring processes, and network contacts
- 3+ years of demonstrated success in a role counseling people throughout their job search and career transitions