Location: Long Island City, NY
Department: Pursuit Core Program
Start Date: July 2019
Time Commitment: Full-Time (Mon - Wed 2PM - 10PM and Sat-Sun 10AM - 6PM)
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.
As a Program Manager (PM), you are charged with managing a caseload of 30-35 Fellows over the course of our 10-month program and coach them in the personal and professional skills needed to get their first job as software developers. You are a member of a multi-functional Classroom Team, which consists of a Technical Mastery Instructor and Teaching Assistant. As a key member of the Classroom Team, you constantly ask yourself, “What personal and professional skills do my Fellows need to succeed over the next 10 months?” As a result, you will find yourself working with other Program Managers and your Classroom Team to develop professional skills workshops, as well as working with Fellows to develop strong classroom culture experiences, and connecting Fellows with external resources for greater financial and personal wellbeing supports.
- Work with your Classroom Team to identify Fellows’ strengths, areas for growth in order to design individualized development plans and class-wide initiatives
- Work with Fellows one-on-one and in small groups to share feedback and coach them in their professional skills, including on communication, building relationships, planning, time management
- Plan and facilitate Professional Skills workshops on a variety of skills, including resume writing, cover letters, behavioral interviews, communication skills, networking and more
- Support Fellows socio-emotionally and connect them with additional supports as needed
- Given your insights with Fellows, help inform broader organizational program strategy, such as how we select, train and support Fellows
Who we’re looking for
You believe in the potential of every person and are ready to coach others to be their best selves. You’re strong at building relationships with Fellows as well as your Classroom Team. You are someone who is eager to go above and beyond in a dynamic and scrappy tech environment where we’re constantly innovating, executing and iterating. You are strong at designing and managing managing multiple projects at once and have the self-initiative to do what it takes to support your Fellows with your Classroom Team. A passion for tech is must, but a background in it is not necessary. You may have been an educator, social worker, project manager or another profession working with adults in a past life. Don’t worry, if you don’t have an engineering background, we’ll train you to learn the basics of coding and to deeply understand the world of software development.
The Program Manager needs to be on-site at our Long Island City office to support each class Mon-Fri 2PM - 10PM and Sat-Sun 10AM - 6PM, with some additional hours for additional events.