C4Q Mission and Vision
C4Q creates pathways out of poverty through technology. We believe that people from every community and background—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. It is our mission to increase economic opportunity and transform the world’s most diverse community into a leading hub for innovation and entrepreneurship.
Our Measurable Impact
We teach adults who are living in poverty and who do not have college degrees to code, help them gain software engineering jobs, and support them to become entrepreneurs. In under a year, our graduates go from making $18,000 to over $85,000 post-program, going from poverty to the middle class in the process. Our graduates are working at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, Jet, and JPMorgan Chase. Participants are representative of the diversity of the NYC community with over 50% women, 60% African American or Hispanic, 50% immigrant, and 50% without a college education. Our programs are free so that we can reach the neediest audiences. With tens of millions of working poor and increasing blue-collar job loss due to automation and technology, we want to transform adult education to help more people achieve economic self-sufficiency and create a diverse tech community representative of America.
Best-in-class Partners & Team
C4Q is a social enterprise nonprofit backed by leaders across technology, business, and philanthropy. We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce.org, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook, Artsy, Dropbox, and LinkedIn.
Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
Opportunity for Growth
C4Q is a rapidly growing organization that’s scaling to make national impact. Founded in 2011, C4Q has doubled in budget and staff each year over the past 6 years. We are currently a team of 25 and anticipate expanding our team to 40 this year and increasing our budget to more than $5 million. In addition to scaling funding and staff, we are investing in scaling complexity as we tackle important challenges in our community. Our goal is to scale our success nationally. We are creating a non-traditional financing model which leverages social impact/ program related investments and earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results.
C4Q is looking for an experienced, dynamic and skilled Head of Corporate Giving & Engagement to lead our corporate fundraising and engagement efforts. Ideal candidates will have a strategic mindset in driving and growing sponsorship and grantmaking with companies that care about diversity, inclusion, and workforce development in the tech sector. He/she will prospect, cultivate, and steward a portfolio of local, regional, and national corporate funders. You will have the opportunity to own distinct initiatives, such as a new corporate sponsorship/membership program and the annual gala--Tech Bash, by working across teams and serving as a champion of C4Q’s mission and work to external stakeholders. This position reports to the Managing Director of Development and works closely with other organizational leaders and managers including the CEO, Managing Director of Programs, and other program and volunteer managers.
The ideal candidate for the position will:
- Have a strong mission and values alignment with C4Q with a passion for technology and startups
- Have a thorough understanding of the organization’s goals, programs and major stakeholders
- Refine and implement strategies for corporate and CSR giving and company engagement
- Lead vision, strategy, fundraising, and implementation for annual Tech Bash gala
- Drive corporate volunteerism with funders through year-round programmatic events and bespoke engagement opportunities
- Monetize program & event sponsorship opportunities, and create other programs that can engage and grow funding and community among companies in tech sector (e.g. year-round membership program)
- Identify prospects, conduct research and develop briefings and agendas for meetings and site visits
- Manage and grow portfolio of corporate funders and prospects
- Work closely with Community Manager and Program staff on volunteering events
- Drive partnerships and work collaboratively with internal teams that support volunteers and hiring partners to expand C4Q's influence within the tech community (including companies, founders/ startups and VC firms)
Qualifications & Competencies:
- At least 7 years experience in development and fundraising at a complex nonprofit or education institution
- Experience leading gala planning and fundraising with track record of growth
- Proven track record of success, securing significant gifts from major corporate funders ($100K+)
- Understanding in how to engage with corporate partners, in particular philanthropy / CSR / Diversity & Inclusion teams, to support C4Q’s work
- Experience working in tech sector and driving corporate volunteerism
- Experience in creating compelling pitch decks, independently and collaboratively, to engage internal and external partners
- Strong knowledge of Google Docs, Salesforce, Microsoft Office suite, donor prospecting tools, with an interest in learning new technology
- Outgoing and dynamic personality, ability to work with multiple stakeholders from various backgrounds