Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that blends the creativity of brand communications, the discipline of management consulting, and the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world. We operate in a highly innovative, highly collaborative environment and apply integrated team-based approaches to help our clients prepare for, confront and compel change.
Purple’s creative team is seeking a strong, highly-motivated Art Director with superior design skills to join us at an exciting, growth-oriented time for the firm. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic and strategic professional who is interested in supporting high-profile clients and building incredible content. Purple is an “all green lights” environment where we don’t say no to client challenges; instead, we figure out great, smart solutions to them. And our creative gurus are no different – they have a variety of hot deadlines and are a solutions-oriented group of self-starters who love to wow and delight clients.
What You'll Do:
- Creative strategy – Contribute to creative strategy, help develop the “transformative idea” and subsequent creative platform, and direct/determine visual aesthetic for client campaigns.
- Creative process – Contribute to all aspects of the creative process from brief (delivered by client team) to production including clarifying creative goals, writing/managing writing of narratives and concepts, leading photo and video shoots, managing asset production and coordinating with internal partners and external production partners. Manage project flow and prioritization including the weekly and daily work plan to ensure “go live” dates are met, consistently.
- Collaboration – In partnership with Creative Director,serve as an integral part of the client strategy team, along with Strategist and Campaign Manager, to set creative strategy and develop client positioning. Creative product and brand reputation strategy will be reflected in the creative output.
- Concepting and communication– Participate and lead creative brainstorm sessions. Create mood boards and present ideas both visually and verbally to internal and external teams.
- Owns cross-platform creative product–Develops and delivers best in class creative across digital, traditional and experiential mediums.
- Manage creative team– Manage, develop and mentor in-house and freelance creative resources assigned to different projects under your leadership.
What We're Looking For:
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Strong design portfolio.
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail.
- A solid understanding of online and offline production - passion for design complemented by hard skills and eagerness to mentor and elevate with other creative people.
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable.
- Experience leading a team of designers, writers, and production specialists to creative excellence.
- Well-developed communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and client.
- Understanding of motion design and emerging digital platforms.