Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world. We bring together a unique blend of experts from the brand and political worlds to create integrated campaigns that shape opinion and inspire action.
Reporting to the HR Director, our HR Generalist is a critical contributor within the internal Operations team at Purple, plays a supporting role in implementing talent management strategies for the firm, and, more broadly, supports the Operations team to enact company-wide iniatives. S/he works closely with the HR team, the Chief Operating Officer and across Purple’s employee base to bring best-in-class HR services to the organization. The HR Generalist is seen as a dependable partner who is both solutions-oriented and thoughtful about balancing change initiatives against cultural values.
This is an excellent opportunity for a rising professional who is excited about contributing to Purple’s trajectory and building upon thoughtful, innovative programs that support employees and their growth! The ideal candidate will be an energetic and polished individual who is results-driven, able to navigate change and understands the value of cultivating relationships.
- Support the Director with the implementation of a variety of innovative, best-in-class HR programs and practices that align with Purple’s business strategy and focus on talent attraction, total rewards, performance management, learning and development, employee relations/engagement, and people analytics.
- Help ensure employees are informed of important organizational updates and add value by bringing creative solutions to how internal communications are managed.
- Along with the HR Director and Managing Director, Campaign and Client Team Operations, coordinate with hiring managers on resource needs that align with business objectives by strategically sourcing, screening and interviewing potential talent. Assist operations team by closing candidates via the offer process and preparing each new hire for onboarding at Purple.
People & Culture
- Provide leadership within Purple’s culture committee and administer the activities of the group, including convening meetings, updating the Director and COO with important updates, and sharing insights.
- Produce, distribute and analyze engagement data through internal pulse and longer-term surveys to help inform operational priorities and how resources are distributed.
- Serve as a trusted, independent resource to employees and deliver HR expertise and coaching or guidance, as needed. Participate in employee relations activities and ensure fair, equitable, objective and consistent treatment of team members.
- Act as the primary contact for new employee onboarding, to include coordinating orientation activities, cultivating relationships, and overseeing initial recordkeeping and payroll tasks.
- Responsible for time-sensitive biweekly payroll and benefits administration activities within HR systems, e.g. nonexempt timekeeping, salary adjustments, etc.
- Serve as the primary benefits contact by fielding employee questions, assisting with adjudicated claims, liaising with carriers and managing the annual Open Enrollment process.
- Keep abreast of relevant employment law affecting Purple and ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agencies.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with vendors and consultants who provide HR services and expertise.
- Support firm-wide communications initiatives by helping generate bi-weekly email updates and providing content for all-staff meetings and other all-staff events.
- Support and/or lead other special projects as assigned.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in business, psychology or related field and 4-5 years of professional experience in the field of Human Resources required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple HR functions (total rewards, learning and development, talent attraction, employee relations/engagement, payroll, etc.). Experience with full lifecycle recruitment a strong plus.
- Interest and desire to work in a creative, learning-driven culture that focuses on enriching and rounding out staff through both horizontal and vertical growth opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and oral and written communication skills a must. Clear ability to navigate change, maintain confidentiality and thrive within a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment also critical.
- Deep understanding of employment law and comfort providing guidance across multiple HR functions, as needed.
- Tech-savviness, including proficiency with MS Office applications, ATS and HRIS tools (Greenhouse and Paylocity preferred) and reporting. Is highly detail-oriented and comfortable analyzing, synthesizing and interpreting data, various metrics and trends.
- Client-focused, with an interest in organizational development, continuous improvement and other effectiveness topics that help innovate and scale programs.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification strongly desired.