Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Based on a thorough understanding of an ever-evolving paid media landscape and advances in precision targeting, the Paid Media Strategist will assist in the development and execution of innovative, multi-channel paid media plans in support of our clients’ overall campaign strategies.
- Guide the paid media planning process and develop strategic media plans with traditional elements (television, print, radio, out of home) and with a particular emphasis on digital and social media opportunities.
- When necessary, execute media plans (traffic ads, use self-serve platforms, engage with vendors, etc.).
- Draft paid media briefs, in coordination with Purple’s client teams, to be provided to agencies we partner with on media-buying, be it a client’s media-buying agency of record or a preferred partner of Purple’s.
- Assist client teams at Purple in evaluating, interrogating and making thoughtful and strategic recommendations regarding paid media plans put together by our clients’ media-buying agencies of record.
- Work with client teams, particularly team members with expertise in insights — as well as experts in data acquisition and modeling — to shape and define target audiences and audience segments.
- Develop audience personas that bring targeted segments to life for clients and inform a campaign’s channel strategy and orchestration of voices.
- Help client teams establish KPIs and supporting metrics to evaluate the success of paid media campaigns and demonstrate the role that the paid media as it relates to the holistic success of a full campaign.
- Develop performance reports and present paid media campaign results with optimization recommendations and strategic insights from across platforms (including but not limited to search, social, display, programmatic, video, mobile, etc.).
- Prepare budget, channel and media mix recommendations to support new business proposals for new and existing clients.
- Evaluate new tools for audience definition, media planning, media optimization, and content performance.
- Share learnings and paid media best practices with junior and senior team members and proactively look for opportunities to teach colleagues some of the basics about media planning, ad trafficking and working with media vendors.
What we're looking for:
- 4-10 years of related professional, client-facing experience at brands and/or agencies.
- Ability to translate client business goals into cohesive, articulate, and insight-driven paid media strategy and tactical paid media plans and effectively manage multiple clients and projects on time and within budget.
- Experience with media planning, placement, optimization and reporting tools, including research services like comScore, Scarborough, MRI, Nielsen, Global Web Index and ad servers like Sizmek and DoubleClick.
- Excellent time management skills and a strong ability to prioritize work.
- Leadership skills and experience guiding and/or managing junior employees while also educating senior colleagues about digital paid media and its role in an integrated campaign plan.
- Proficiency with top digital advertising self-service platforms including Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Google Analytics, and DoubleClick Campaign Manager.