Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates the creativity of brand communications, the discipline of management consulting, and the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
We are looking for a wide variety of Directors – those with public affairs and creative agency experience, political campaign pros and expert digital communicators – because our success depends on bringing together a diverse set of perspectives and experiences for our clients.
No matter your background, as a Director at Purple you will play a central program management role on our client teams. If you want to inform the strategic direction of our work, guide the development and oversee the activation of our campaigns and build resilient and sustainable relationships with our clients, consider applying below.
Core Director Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the development of strategy, campaign plans and briefs (project, research and creative) while also supporting and guiding the internal team on day-to-day execution of our work.
- Lead the execution of multi-channel campaigns targeting a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Develop detailed project plans to track campaign progress; coordinate internal and external resources to ensure client work is always high-quality, relevant and timely.
- Provide effective support to team members at all levels across the organization; confidently engage senior-level executives, collaborate with peers and mentor junior-level employees.
- Offer strategic input on how to best engage across paid, digital and earned media channels, bringing an in-depth understanding of how to most effectively allocate client resources to achieve campaign goals.
- Serve as a reliable resource to client team leads, proactively and consistently engaging them to achieve project and campaign milestones.
- Understand client's business and internal and external pressures and frame their issues and threats to reputation in strategic ways that get them thinking differently about their challenges.
- Contribute to the firm’s new business efforts, including managing proposal development, lending expertise in the creation of recommendations and participating in pitch meetings. As able, identify new business opportunities from your professional network.
- Stay up to date with, and actively share, industry trends, emerging technology and new tools that can improve our strategic and tactical recommendations for clients and how we work as teams.
For Candidates with Political Experience:
You're the right fit if you have done one or more of the below:
- Managed and/or worked directly with elected or appointed officials
- Managed political challenges and issues and/or built a political brand
- Worked in local, state or federal government
- Worked on electoral or issue advocacy campaigns
For Candidates with Public Affairs or Public Relations Agency Experience:
You're the right fit if you have:
- Managed targeted earned media and/or event-related activations
- Built corporate and/or organizational reputation campaigns
- Managed several simultaneous complex stakeholder engagement programs
- Worked directly with senior level client contacts
For Candidates with Digital Experience:
You're the right fit if you have:
- Planned, built and generated buy-in for audience-centric digital engagement campaigns
- Effectively executed campaigns across foundational digital platforms including email, social media, paid digital media and websites
- Overseen or directly led the evaluation of, and reporting on, digital programs, and combined performance insights with specific recommendations for moving forward
- Consistently communicated to clients/principles/colleagues about the role that digital can play in an integrated campaign plan
Experience, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 7-12 years of related experience
- Superb writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent organization, client service and communication skills
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects at once
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is polished and professional
- Willingness to travel 30%+ of the week on average (highly dependent on client and team composition)