Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
The Content Planner will be responsible for editorial planning, content distribution strategy, and optimizing audience engagement efforts for Purple Strategies clients. The person in this position will collaborate frequently with colleagues across all department functions including creative leads, insights leads, strategists, and campaign managers. The Content Planner will also be responsible for supporting recommendations with research-driven insights, a deep understanding of engagement campaign trends and communications best practices, and a strong point of view on what will break through in crowded media environments.
The right candidate will have a strong understanding of engaging storytelling and an ability to provide creative support to multi-disciplined teams. They will also be a very strong individual contributor and help to shape strategy and inform critical communication decisions for Purple Strategies and its clients.
The Content Planner will be critical in ensuring that Purple Strategies creates best in class content through its video, audio, and social media channels. They should be comfortable both generating some types of written content while also supporting the generation of content by other team members by offering creative and strategic direction. This position will work closely with Purple’s Creative Directors, campaign managers, and channel strategists to ensure that campaign planning is designed to maximize communication potential and audience engagement for clients.
- Serve as content-focused strategist who can make recommendations for all possible engagement channels on programs that deal with major brand and reputation challenges for organizations and corporations.
- Participate in the creation of creative concepts and communications plans based on client objectives, audience research, message development, core content, action opportunities and client data.
- Plan, write and edit best-in-class content strategy and concepts for stories, narratives, explainers, quizzes, video documentary concepts and/or data visualizations to bring our clients’ stories to life.
- Review quality of all content produced and provide editorial feedback to both multi-media producers and outsourced creative partners on community content from inception of brief to launch.
- Maintain deep knowledge of social/political/economic issues that impact relevant clients.
- Stay aware of the latest strategic communications, engagement, and advertising trends across all platforms and mediums, and develop strong perspective on where opportunity lies for our clients to innovate in service of their program missions.
- Lead client meetings to present findings, content concepts, and works in progress in a persuasive.
- 5-10 years experience designing communications strategies and content campaigns for major corporations and/or organizations
- Applied experience with political and/or reputation management campaigns
- Deep knowledge of contemporary digital media and engagement programs
- Impeccable writing skills and ownership of major deliverables, including strategy memos and decks
- Expert understanding of traditional and digital channel strategy, including print, television, radio, email, social media and alternative paid media
- Familiarity with analytics, including the use of data to shape strategic decisions; the establishment of objectives and KPIs; and the development of testing and optimization strategies
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and lead multi-discipline teams
- Expert presentation skills, able to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and escort clients through the creative process.
- Proven experience leveraging best-in-class editorial and content strategy recommendations to clients in a professional, knowledgeable and lively manner
- Avid consumer of media, of all types