Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world. Purple bringstogether a unique blend of experts from the brand and political worlds to create integrated campaigns that shape opinion and inspire action.
Purple Strategies is seeking an HR Director in our office located in Alexandria, VA office. This position reports to our COO, and is an excellent opportunity for an HR Leader seeking to enhance and develop strategic HR business partnerships. Leveraging deep expertise, innovative problem solving, and collaborative leadership, this role will provide world class HR services.
The Human Resources Director will oversee and manage the HR function. As a consult to leadership, employees and cross-functional groups, the HR Director will provide HR support to accomplish client, organizational and corporate objectives.
The ideal candidate will also be a resourceful and collaborative strategic thinker with a strong commitment to results and accountability.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as a trusted, independent counsel and advisor to the business as a leader with HR expertise and perspective
- Provide leadership over HR programs and practices that are aligned with Purple’s business strategy with a focus on talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, learning and development, employee relations, HRIS, workforce planning, and regulatory requirements
- Lead best practice HR programs that will enable Purple Strategies to hire, reward, and retain the best talent
- Oversee performance management, training and professional development
- Ensure leadership and employees are informed of the HR policies and practices, programs and proposed changes that affect employees and/or operational effectiveness, utilizing excellent communication skills which are critical for this role
- Interpret, provide guidance, and administer HR policies, processes, and practices.
- Foster and manage strategic partnerships with HR vendors and consultants who provide HR services and expertise.
- Lead employee relations and ensure fair, equitable, objective, and consistent treatment of employees.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agencies.
- Monitor the organization’s culture to support the attainment of company goals and employee engagement
- Facilitate and manage company-wide committees
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, knowledge, and skill requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Human Resources or Business) is required. Advanced degree preferred. SPHR strongly desired.
- Must have a minimum of 12 years progressive Human Resources experience, including knowledge and practical experience in all aspects of Human Resources (benefits, compensation, employment, training, employee relations, and compliance). Experience working in strategy/management consulting environment is a plus.
- Must have strong leadership and managerial skills, and the ability to provide direction across all functional areas of the Human Resources team
- Demonstrate ability to anticipate the business needs of the organization and drive solutions.
- Experience overseeing complex employee relations situations.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and oral and written communication skills.