Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world. Purple bringstogether a unique blend of experts from the brand and political worlds to create integrated campaigns that shape opinion and inspire action.
Purple Strategies is seeking a Commercial Contracts Manager in our office located in Alexandria, VA office. The Contracts Manager is responsible for overseeing contract development and management activities and enforcing organizational principles of integrity and compliance. Position reports to the Chief Operations Officer, and the Contracts Manager is responsible for overseeing contract development and management activities and enforcing organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
- Manage complexity and risk, craft negotiation strategy to align business agreements to business objectives in order to prioritize the best interest of the Company
- Analyze, draft, negotiate, finalize and oversee the approval process for all business agreements and contracts.
- Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards and cost targets
- Serve as point of contact for clients on contractual matters and act as contractual “middleman” between Company employees and clients, ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of revisions.
- Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions with senior management, internal stakeholders and external counsel.
- Advise and counsel COO with respect to legal policies and the legal implications of proposed contract provisions; maintain open communication and good working relationships with both internal clients and clients of the Company.
- Ensure that all documents conform to Company policies and applicable laws and government regulations.
- Consult, advise and communicate client provisions and guidelines related to the client engagement with internal stakeholders and Company employees to ensure compliance.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with Company policy and, as appropriate, contribute to or influence Company policies.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation, contractual correspondence, contractual changes, status reports and other necessary documents for overall Company contract management.
- Liaise with Company accounting/operations teams to ensure contract compliance and accurate invoicing procedures.
- Respond to external and internal audit requests for documentation, third party legal requests.
- Coordinate due diligence requests such as insurance audits, questionnaires, client audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related major
- Minimum of eight (8) years of contracts management in the commercial industry
- Strong preference of paralegal experience
- Strong oral and written skills are required.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work under time-sensitive deadlines and be productive in fast-paced environments with multiple competing priorities.
- Capable of working independently while managing competing priorities and keeping management fully informed.
- Independent problem-solver that can execute multiple-tasks simultaneously and remain poised under pressure; while knowing when to ask questions or seek outside counsel.
- Strong attention to details.
- Good judgment, solutions-oriented, positive demeanor.