Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Based on a thorough understanding of an evolving media landscape and advances in precision targeting, this staff member will develop and execute innovative, multi-channel connection plans as part of a client’s overall campaign strategy.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the channel planning process and develop strategic paid engagement plans with a particular emphasis on digital and social media opportunities.
- Work with Purple’s research team as well as experts in data acquisition and modeling to define target audiences, establish KPIs and supporting metrics, and guide execution of media plans.
- Work with media buyers to prepare and present strategic paid media plans to clients
- Develop and present media reporting with optimization recommendations and strategic insights across platforms (including but not limited to search, social, display, programmatic, video, mobile, etc.)
- Evaluate new tools for audience definition, connection planning, media optimization, and content performance, as well as manage the vendors providing these services.
- Prepare new business proposals and budgets for new and existing clients
- Work with campaign strategists, creative directors and graphic designers to ensure our content takes best advantage of channels selected.
- Provide functional guidance and serve as mentor to entry and mid-level employees.
- Participate in and lead elements of Purple’s proprietary product development.
Experience, knowledge, and skill requirements:
- 5-10 years of related professional, client-facing experience at brands and/or agencies.
- Ability to translate client business goals into cohesive, articulate, and insight driven media strategy and tactical media plans and effectively manage multiple clients and projects on time, within budget, and meet performance goals
- Experience with media planning, placement, optimization and reporting tools, including research services like comScore, Scarborough, MRI, Nielsen, Global Web Index and ad servers like Sizmek and DoubleClick
- Excellent time management skills and a strong ability to prioritize work.
- Leadership skills and experience guiding and/or managing junior employees.
- Proficiency with top digital advertising self-service platforms including Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Google Analytics, and DoubleClick Campaign Manager