Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates the creativity and discipline of brand communications with the speed and strategy of political campaigns to serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
The Senior Director has primary responsibility for developing and managing multifaceted campaign plans that achieve a client’s desired outcome. The Senior Director collaborates closely with client team to ensure flawless, on-time and high impact delivery of campaign components. This role requires a candidate comfortable driving strategic campaign development as well as managing tactical day-to-day campaign deliverables.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Work with client teams to identify clients’ desired outcome and develop strategy to achieve client’s outcome, objective and goals
- Develop insights-based campaign plans that identify appropriate voices, target audiences, stakeholders and customized assets
- Develop campaign plans that include appropriate message platform and narratives for target audiences, stakeholder groups etc. and other strategic and tactical plans
- Identify appropriate campaign assets and content to support an integrated channel strategy to successfully execute the client campaign plan • Setting and regularly assessing the direction of an overall client engagement; assertively lead clients and manage day-to-day client engagement from concept to execution, maintaining high quality output and progress to strategic goals
- Track multiple, ongoing work streams for each individual client and effectively communicate status across client account team
- Develop a wide-range of communication materials such as memos, strategies, PowerPoint presentations, press releases, talking points, opinion editorials, speeches
- Proactively manage the firm’s resources and act as resource for firm leadership; may lead client teams where appropriate.
- Work with client teams and firm leadership to expand opportunities with current clients and identify opportunities with prospective clients; provide content for business development proposals as necessary Provide support to firm leadership in managing and directing client teams, including recruiting, hiring, guiding, coaching, setting goals, training, developing, monitoring and assessing performance, and maintaining positive employee relations.
Experience, knowledge, and skill requirements:
- Ideal candidate is minimum of 10 to 15 years of statewide/national political campaign experience and related professional services experience
- Familiarity with all aspects of communications campaigns including public opinion research, media planning, creative development, media relations, digital communications and budget management
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, networking and client relationship skills
- Superior writing skills and proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Distinct attention to detail, superior multitasking skills, master of prioritization techniques, and ability to identify and communicate items needing further attention
- Team-player attitude and a drive to find solutions and effectuate change rapidly
- Leadership skills; experience leading all levels of employees; creative, energetic, detail-oriented and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit