Pure Storage was founded with the ambitious goal of revolutionizing the computing infrastructure industry. Today we are building the data platform for the cloud era and we’ve accomplished the first step towards that goal by bringing to market the simplest and most reliable all-flash storage array in history. The full potential impact of our line of "Smart Storage" products is only beginning to be felt as customers discover the benefits and exciting applications that can be built on top of a Pure system.
For three straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays. According to IDC, Pure has become a Top 10 data storage vendors faster than any other company in history. We continue to take market share, while achieving record-setting customer satisfaction scores for the enterprise technology industry. For more information, check out our corporate fact sheet here.
Topping the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work lists for 5 years running, we’ve built a team that has rich and diverse set of experiences and backgrounds. Puritans have a passion for innovation, creativity, customer success, transparency, teamwork and fun. We’re looking for talented people to join us on the journey.
Our Tech Stack
At Pure, we're focused on combining the latest hardware technology (e.g., NVMe, 3D XPoint, RoCE, etc.) with software to deliver storage to our customers with a hassle-free service experience. Our tech stack spans low level hardware and firmware, Linux kernel engineering, user-space C++ for our products' storage data path, Python and Java for on-box management, and a full cloud stack (AngularJS, SpringBoot, SNS, SQS, Cassandra, RedShift, etc.) for global monitoring and deep insights from our fleet of storage arrays in the field.
What You Will Be Doing
Pure Storage is seeking a Solutions Architect focused on Virtualization and Cloud technologies for the Product & Solutions organization. This individual is a highly technical professional with an in-depth knowledge of the storage industry and specifically of Virtualization and Cloud solutions.
You will work to create technical content for Pure Storage products and solutions that are targeted at Customers, Field Sales Teams, and Partners. You will also work closely with Product Management and Engineering divisions as well as other teams on the company’s current and future strategies.
If you are a creative thinker and can independently determine what needs to be done and how to do it, we are looking for you.
- Responsible for developing technical collateral to highlight Reference Architectures, Integration and best practices
- Build and demonstrate a solution within our demonstration lab using Pure Storage and Partner technologies
- Occasionally lead projects working with teams from other departments to build and demonstrate solutions
- Assist in technical presentations to customers and partners at internal and external events
- Learn and understand the technical strategy in regards to Product Requirements Documents (PRD). This may include participating in cross-functional teams to review and influence product roadmaps
What You Bring To The Team
- Ability to plan, outline and publish professional technical documents on schedule
- Ability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and cross-functionally within the company
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Engage socially with partners and customers, via blogging or other platforms
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks within a dynamic work environment
- Some travel, domestic and international, is required
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience is required.
- A BS or Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical white papers as well as project outlining and/or planning is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with virtualizing tier-1 applications is highly desired
- Experience managing large scale virtual deployments is highly desired
- Public speaking skills are required. Past participation and presentation experience at trade show events like VMUGs, VMworld, Partner Summits is highly desired
- Working knowledge of various virtualization benchmarking tools is a big plus
- Experience managing SAN storage arrays, switches
- Experience working with PowerShell / PowerCLI and developing scripts
- Experience working with orchestration and provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible
No Storage? No Problem
We look for talent and culture first, specific technologies second, so once you decide Pure is the right place for you, we will match you with the right project to start with. Plus, we like people to have the ability to do different things and be constantly learning, so we encourage our engineers to move around to different teams and project across the company.
Pure creates opportunities for individual development and career growth
We offer a six-month leadership development program for current employees looking to advance within the company, as well as sales and technical training programs for interns and recent graduates. We also host monthly workshops and panels that focus on a variety of topics ranging from honing the skills needed for career advancement to learning how to choose a mentor.
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.