BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For ten straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 5,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
ISS (Infrastructure Shared Service) is an international organization within Pure, responsible for all of Pure Storage's engineering infrastructure, development environment, and production services. We work with all internal engineering teams to provide reliable services that are used to develop new products and features, in many different environments: from our multiple data centers to various public clouds.
Pure Storage is seeking an energetic Technical Program Manager to become experienced in leading engineering projects and implementing scalable processes and solutions. Working with fellow engineering managers, you will utilize your skills to manage and provide visibility into engineering infrastructure and services roadmap, budget, headcount, mitigating risks and communicating them to major stakeholders. You’ll be developing and exercising independent judgment and recommendations that translate into a course of action. You will also be challenged with responsibilities including:
- Manage technical projects or programs, develop and manage milestones, schedules and budgets.
- Develop and drive new processes, recommend tools or streamline existing processes.
- Interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels including executives.
- Manage risks/issues and develop mitigation strategies.
- Use exceptional communication skills to understand and communicate project strategy, engineering issues and dependencies.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 8+ years of experience as a Technical Programme Manager; MS in computer science, MBA or engineering management equivalent preferred.
- Identifying requirements and design, scope, and communicating the needed work. Take ownership of the product experience, quality, and metrics.
- Set goals for the program, track and periodically communicate to stakeholders as well as ensure corrective actions/mitigations as needed
- Experience in aaS development environments is preferred, managing software programs.
- Software engineering background in enterprise environment, understanding of the code life cycle including required tools, VCS, testing, and coverage metrics.
- Product focus; ensuring teams are continually working towards a business objective than just delivering software changes.
- Big picture owner providing clarity on what we are trying to accomplish, understanding of the business objectives and driving the outcome for the program.
- Demonstrated change agent with capabilities to identify and deliver on process changes that would enable faster time to market while driving organization consistency and efficiency.
You will be based in Prague, Czech Republic. As this is an office-centric role, you are expected to be present in the office for 4 days a week. As outlined in Pure's Hybrid Work Policy, there will be variations over periods of time, depending on business need.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.