BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For ten straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 5,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
ISS (Infrastructure Shared Service) is an international organization within Pure, responsible for all of Pure Storage's engineering infrastructure, development environment, and production services. We work with all internal engineering teams to provide reliable services that are used to develop new products and features, in many different environments: from our multiple data centers to various public clouds.
As a Platform Engineer in ISS, you will work to improve the capabilities, reliability, security, and performance of Pure Storage's critical infrastructure and applications by developing and operating new features. This means leveraging data collected from our business units to derive insights, design and implement new platform capabilities, as well as helping colleagues leverage those capabilities. All with the focus of keeping engineering teams focused on doing what they do best, delivering high quality products to our customers. We are looking for engineers that have a mix of software and systems skills, are passionate about infrastructure, and have experience building tools, services, and automation to manage and improve production platforms.
The OpenStack tech lead is responsible for designing and implementing OpenStack Platform for engineering team consumption. The tech lead will work closely with engineering teams, infrastructure teams, and business stakeholders to understand business requirements and design solutions that meet those requirements. The Tech Lead will also provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members and contribute to the development of best practices and standards for OpenStack architecture and design.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Design and implement OpenStack infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements
- Work closely with development teams, infrastructure teams, and business stakeholders to understand requirements and design solutions
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to other team members
- Develop and maintain best practices and standards for OpenStack architecture and design
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of OpenStack-based solutions
- Ensure the reliability, performance, and scalability of OpenStack-based solutions
- Develop and maintain documentation related to OpenStack architecture and design
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues related to OpenStack infrastructure and services
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the development of automation and tooling for OpenStack deployments
- Design and specify hardware requirements for OpenStack deployments, including servers, storage, and networking equipment
- Work with hardware vendors to select appropriate equipment
- Develop and maintain hardware standards and guidelines for OpenStack deployments
- Ensure that hardware design meets business and technical requirements, including performance, scalability, and reliability
- Ensure that hardware design meets industry standards and best practices for data center infrastructure
- Develop and maintain relationships with hardware vendors and other third-party providers
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in OpenStack architecture and design
- Strong knowledge of OpenStack services and components, such as Keystone, Nova, Neutron, and Cinder
- Experience with OpenStack deployment and configuration using tools such as Ansible, Heat, or Terraform
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts and protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, and VPN
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Relevant OpenStack certifications, such as Certified OpenStack Administrator (COA) or Certified OpenStack Architect (COA) is a plus
- Experience with containerization and virtualization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and VMware is a plus
- Knowledge of hardware design factors such as server configurations, storage technologies, and network topologies is a plus
The annual base salary range is: $120,000 - $181,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity. And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.