BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Operations Team at Pure
Operations covers areas including technical operations, manufacturing, product supply, service logistics, and facilities. The people are what truly makes this an amazing org. They maintain close knit partnerships. They strive to ensure employees enjoy coming to work, and most of all, have fun!
Pure Storage is seeking a Commodity Manager to work in our Operations team. This role will partner with BU’s including Engineering, Finance, and Operations to focus on diverse direct spend, defining and implementing commodity sourcing and strategies.
What You Will Be Doing
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Negotiate global spend with key Suppliers
- Present Cost Savings proposals to management and internal customers
- Continually identify and implement new opportunities for cost savings and avoidance, and proactively track the progress
- Facilitate quarterly technical product roadmaps with key suppliers
- Manage global direct sourcing strategy including contract negotiation and cost targets.
- Negotiate business T&C's relating to: payment terms, delivery terms, inventory strategies, lead times, price reductions, tariffs, VAT and other strategic issues with key suppliers
- Implement programs for supplier selection, supplier performance management, and supply base optimization
- Oversee supply agreements and work with Legal to establish optimal contract terms and conditions with suppliers
- Advise management on alternate global supply sources, component material costs, commodity pricing trends, and supply/demand situations that could impact the business
- Monitor current commodity market conditions to identify challenges
- Develop strategic commodity plans both internally and to Pure customers as appropriate
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews and Executive Business Reviews with Key Suppliers
What You Bring To The Team
- 10+ years’ experience in Supply Chain, Procurement and Commodity Management
- Background working with ERP & MRP systems
- Knowledge of the data storage market or high tech industry
- Must be detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, customer focused, and adaptable to business needs
The annual base salary range is: $123,000 - $185,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations.
This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.