BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure is looking for an accomplished Chief of Staff to our General Manager. As the right hand person and member of the GM’s inner circle, a strategic and operationally strong leader will provide a wide range of support that will allow the GM to increase his leverage throughout the company. This critical role focuses on empowering the Product Organization and its cohesion / close partnership with the GTM organization. Being effective in this pivotal role requires a natural ability to build strong, trusting partnerships across the organization and drive progress on key initiatives, cross-functional projects and effective communications on behalf of the GM.
As the GM’s "trusted counsel" this role will work closely with the GM’s direct reports (Heads of engineering, product, marketing, and operations) to communicate changes in prioritization and decision-making efficiently. This requires a highly resourceful individual who thrives in a fast-moving, complex environment requiring strong emotional intelligence, self motivation, and comfort with ambiguity in a fast-changing environment.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
- Drive and track portfolio strategy & execution with both engineering as well as the GTM organization, and other G&A teams. Drive a discipline cadence of Portfolio reviews with outcomes, across the business units, in partnership with Product Mgt, Mkg and Engineering.
- Drive a change agenda toward As A Service with a more business led global organization footprint.
- Support the GM in setting and communicating overall product strategy across Pure’s product portfolio.
- Be an advisor and thought partner to the General Manager, and be able to stand-in during meetings, take key decisions and speak on behalf of the GM.
- Be a business partner to Finance and HR: specifically, translate portfolio decisions into intentional investments budgets, headcounts and skills.
- Portfolio connection with Corp Dev/BD
- Help the product team towards clear and efficient decision-making.
- Keep a pulse on all facets of Product Management, Development, and the broader business and gather/prioritize information and feedback that is critical for the GM to be aware of.
- Keep the GM accountable for all action items (end-to-end) and commitments made both internally and externally
- Provide the GM with real time feedback on organizational structure, processes and issues.
- Drive effective GM meetings: establishing agendas and preparing presentations, taking meeting minutes, and ensuring action on all follow-up items.
- Attend non-critical meetings on behalf of the GM and report back synthesized key information.
- Spearhead a wide range of internal and external communications, in partnership with the GM’s exec comm
- Undertake special projects that are time sensitive and/or confidential in nature.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5-10+ years of experience in an operational role, additional management consulting experience is a plus
- Deep familiarity with setting product strategy, and driving and tracking its efficient execution
- Strong strategic / core analytical skills
- Deep GTM and business exposure in past operational roles
- Experience in structuring and executing complex analyses to support strategy in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Must possess the executive presence, credibility and tenacity to successfully influence, build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal partners.
- Highly-driven personality and the ability to drive consensus and alignment
- Proven conflict management skills and history of building 'win-win' partnerships.
- BA/BS degree in a related field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics or Finance).
- MBA or Master's degree in a management, technical or engineering field preferred.
- Prior consulting & analytical background is a plus.
The annual base salary range is: $152,000.00 - $229,000.00. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations.
This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.