BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Senior Program Manager, PMO Governance and Agile Coaching is a key role in the growing Program Management Office (PMO) within the Digital Transformation Group (DTG).This position will be partnering closely with PMO leaders in the planning, implementation, organizational change management, and operations of the PMO. The position will help lead the establishment and continuous evolution of processes, tools and methodology, for demand management, portfolio management, project delivery, and communications. The position will also lead the organization’s transition from waterfall or hybrid execution model to Agile and eventually Scaled Agile (SAFe).
What You’ll Do
- Manage the demand intake, prioritization, and roadmap governance process
- Ensure demands are captured in the portfolio and project management (PPM) system, information are complete and at the appropriate level, ready for reviews
- Facilitate regular cadence of Roadmap/Demand management reviews with DTG and business stakeholders
- Align with company’s Project Review Board, ensuring timely project updates and assessment for new demands
- Lead in the implementation and evolution of waterfall and agile project management methodologies, processes and deliverables
- Chair stage gate reviews
- Administer portfolio management tool (PPM) and data, as well as coordinate enhancements and improvements
- Monitor project updates in PPM, ensuring information are up to date and complete
- Track and report overall portfolio performance KPIs
- Track overall portfolio budget, forecasts, actuals, and perform analysis and trends to facilitate decision making
- Provides general PMO onboarding and training for new project managers
Agile Leadership and Coaching
- Lead in the overall planning and execution of Agile roadmap to transition DTG to a more agile mindset and execution
- Partner with other agile coaches at Pure to provide general agile training workshops
- Work hands-on to guide teams to set-up and initiate pilot programs or ARTs, defining roles, backlogs and writing user stories, preparing and executing Program Increment planning and first few sprints until teams can be self-sufficient
- Create templates as needed for processes and ceremonies
- Support DTG’s goal to improve delivery commitment through better estimation, planning, and managing risk, defining MVPs and delivering in increments
- Collect data, measure progress, build knowledge of team’s velocity, and continuously adapt and mature the organization in agile execution and adoption
- Execute communications for change management, team agreement, and program updates
- Be a coach for leaders and teams, train, observe, and provide feedback on a continuous basis
- Engage and collaborate with existing agile coaches and communities at Pure to leverage learnings and best practices
- 8+ years in portfolio and project management experience in information technology
- In-depth knowledge and experience in establishing and operationalizing project management methodologies, processes, reviews, and tools (waterfall, agile, hybrid)
- Extensive knowledge and experiences in agile frameworks, especially Scrum and SAFe
- Experiences in coaching and leading agile teams
- Expertise with Smartsheet, creating dashboards, reports, and using automation to effectively manage multiple projects. Control Center experience preferred
- Expertise in vendor management, risk management, change management, and escalation management
- Excel at analytical and financial management skills
- Effective at building partnerships across IT and business to influence and collaborate to achieve outcomes
- Comfortable with leading in a matrix organization and communicating with executive leaders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation, with ability to coach others in executive level communications
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Information Science or related fields
- PMP certification desirable
- SAFe Program Consultant certification, SAFe Agilist certification, Scrum Master certification, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner highly desirable
Pure offers an unlimited vacation policy, free lunches, meditation rooms, free yoga classes and employee resource groups, such as Pure Equality and Pure Vets, to encourage all of our employees to maintain mind and body wellness. We offer numerous volunteer opportunities for employees to give back not only to the Bay Area, but across the globe.
The annual base salary range is: $161,000-$242,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity. And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.