BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
The Data and Analytics (DNA) organization at Pure Storage is looking for Director of Data Strategy and Governance to help Pure harness the potential of our immense data assets to optimize business operations and enable smarter decision making. In this highly visible role, this individual will set the overall vision, formulate critical data management strategies, and lead the implementation of supporting processes, tools, and organization. This person will partner closely with internal business and technology leaders to identify and prioritize use cases, establish policies and standards, define infrastructure requirements, and develop data quality controls to ensure business critical data is always complete, accurate, governed, and accessible. This role will initially be focused on leading the implementation of a robust, scalable, and effective master data management program with subsequent growth in other areas of data strategy and governance.
- Lead the design and implementation of master data solutions, including requirements, development, and testing across multiple data domains
- Conduct source system analysis, and data profiling for lifecycle management
- Collaborate with various functional teams to develop an in-depth understanding of master data and align on data strategies, processes, policies, and controls
- Review and approve detailed functional design, system requirements, and test case documents
- Build and implement business processes and governance models that unlocks the full potential of the MDM application
- Create and co-lead the Data Governance Council to provide sponsorship and oversight of governance policy creation and compliance
- Coordinate with members of the data community to document master data flows, lineage, catalogs, standards, procedures, and other materials to improve data literacy
- Manage, monitor and communicate to project progress. Anticipate risks and develop proactive solutions. Highlight and address changes to the overall project or program plan
WHAT YOU"LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE....
- 12+ years of direct work experience in enterprise data projects, with at least 4 years of direct experience (or two full Lifecyle implementations) in the implementation of a leading MDM tool suite
- Intimate knowledge of Customer, Product, Material, and Supplier core data domain
- Proven track record of understanding business challenges and translating them into value-add technically enabled solutions
- A strong working knowledge and point of view on the evolving concepts and practices for data management
- Engagement / project leadership experience including managing junior level consulting staff, providing regular status updates, monitoring project economics, as well as managing stakeholder relationships
- Strong analytical and problem- solving skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of agile delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture
- Degree emphasis in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Economics or Business preferred, MBA desired
The annual base salary range is: $214,000 - $321,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity. And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.