BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 11,000+ customers including 58% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Platform Drivers and Interop Development Team
The Drivers and Interop development team is responsible for several areas
- On the initiator side, the team will be responsible for Linux initiator behavior attached to Flasharray. Focus is on NVME (ROCE, FC, TCP/IP) but also includes FC-SCSI (FCP) and iSCSI interfaces. This includes software development/fixes for Linux initiator stack, debugging initiator problems, and creating compatibility documents for Purity. For VMWare, focus is on debugging issues with VMWare as an initiator, and creating compatibility documentation.
- For FibreChannel and NIC Drivers, focus is responsibility for FC-SCSI driver stack for storage side and responsibility for NIC drivers on networking side. This includes responsibility for related code, utilities, enhancements supporting RAS, as well as debugging failures found internally and in the field.
- Maintain Linux kernels for internal testing
- Documenting supported configurations for customers
- Responsibility for evaluating Linux initiator behavior and optimizing for Pure Storage Flasharray. This includes correctness as well as optimizing for performances. Will contribute bug fixes and enhancements to Linux upstream. Analyze and debug difficult Linux bugs to optimize Flasharray attachment.
- Responsible for maintaining Purity’s Fibre Channel SCSI (FCP) target driver. Maintenance includes driver updates for enhancements, bugs fixes and new hardware.
- Resolve difficult Fibre Channel bugs found internally or externally.
- Responsible for enhancing the resilience of Pure’s FC stack. This includes projects around multipathing and link health.
- Responsible for maintaining NIC drivers on Pure’s storage systems.
- Team lead for a group of engineers with responsibility for Linux and VMWare initiator stack behavior as well as Fibre Channel and NIC drivers on Pure storage array.
- Strong experience writing device drivers and/or kernel development for Linux/Unix. Prefer experience in storage and/or networking drivers
- Minimum 5 years of development experience, but expect that typically candidates would have 10+ years experience.
- Experience designing and implementing significant components in storage protocol stacks and storage systems.
- Should have significant experience with storage protocols: either SCSI (FC-SCSI or iSCSI/FCP) and/or NVME Fabrics (NVME/ROCE, NVME/TCP or NVME/FC) experience.
- Experience leading other engineers technically. Should be able to mentor more junior engineers and lead other engineers in an overall project. Should demonstrate on time delivery with high quality.
- Experience with performance analysis/optimization for storage systems or protocols
- Experience with software development using C/C++/Python
- Should have experience developing test automation
- Demonstrated experience debugging difficult protocol/kernel/system issues
- Comprehensive understanding of TCP/IP networking stack
- Experience contributing to Linux upstream
- Experience in creating automated testing
- Should have VMWare experience, with understanding of their initiator stack.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.