BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
You will join Portworx QA team, which is responsible delivering highest quality Portworx suite of products. You will be contributing to cleanest code, being customer oriented and putting quality first.
What You Will Be Doing
- Datapath Testing for the Cloud Native Storage product line.
- Filing and owning related bugs (documenting, debugging, follow-up with Dev teams, reproduce, etc)
- Own and drive features to completion (review requirements, design docs, customer use cases to build test strategies, test cases, and end-to-end workflows in the System Test ecosystem for new and existing features over multiple releases)
- Build up and scale out of complex system tests and test ecosystems using virtualized environments and various test tools.
- Work with cross functional teams to identify root causes and provide assistance with reproduction work on Customer Escalations.
What You Bring To The Team
- Experience in Storage system Testing with ability to create enterprise end-to-end test ecosystems from the ground up and maintain it over time.
- Experience in testing snapshots, cloning, NFS
- Knowledge of EXT4 FS
- Experience in developing IO Profiles and understanding IO patterns
- Understand the nature of a workflow vs a functional test.
- Highly skilled in building out and working with Virtualized environments (ESXi, KVM, Hyper-V, Dockers)
- Comfortable with Linux environments (ability to script and automate a plus)
- Team player, excellent communication skills, with strong multi-tasking ability
- Excellent problem solver
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- B.S. in EE or CS or equivalent preferred
What Can Give You a Head Start
- Knowledge of SAN, NAS storage products - Read/Write IOPs, IO datapath.
- FIle System protocols: NFS, SMB
- Familiarity and hands-on experience volume snapshots and datapath testing
- Ability to deploy and use 3rd party tools to simulate IO test workloads
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.