BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage is looking for a highly experienced leader to join us as Director (Head of) of Reporting and Analytics and the department’s site leader in Prague. As a critical leader of the Data and Analytics (DNA) organization, this individual will be responsible for leading a team of data engineers, report developers, and business analysts to deliver robust BI solutions and generate deep business insights the company need to make critical decisions. This individual will develop and implement a strategic vision for unifying reporting across systems and data sources and is expected to have in-depth knowledge for many of the business-critical knowledge domains that the organization covers (GTM, financial, product, customer, and people).
The position works with key stakeholders to understand their needs and instantiate processes to support reporting deliverables, on time, with a high degree of accuracy. A successful candidate will have strong blend of technical and business acumen, as well as great problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills. Since this role has accountability for the operations of a meaningful size team, we are looking for a motivating and hands-on leader with track record of success of building and developing high performing teams that are recognized for not only their expertise but also in their ability to deliver consistently high impact outcomes.
- Drive consistent & reliable, single-truth operational & performance reporting capabilities enabling guided discovery & agile decision-making
- Architect and develop data pipelines and data stores to unify business and application data. Develop data warehouse models to support data analysis requirements from all functional groups of the company
- Working closely with the Data Platform team and internal team leaders to shape the overall data and analytics vision, as well as capability roadmaps for knowledge domains covered by the organization
- Establish data as a service, enabling efficient, integrated, end-to-end management & delivery of high-quality data assets across the value chain
- Collaborate closely with subject matter experts to analyze and interpret data and KPIs; conduct deep dives to identify bottlenecks and growth triggers
- Assess inefficiencies and existing processes to identify improvement opportunities
- Recruit, develop, and lead a high performing team of leaders and individual contributors, mentoring and coaching team members to develop their skill
- Report directly to the VP of Data and Analytics and work closely with other leaders of the organization to evolve our organizational strategy and tactics to generate greater impact for the company
- 10+ years of experience operating as a senior leader of large (25 people+), multidisciplinary teams (technical and business) with sustained high levels of employee engagement for highly dynamic, analytics-demanding organizations
- Proven experience building robust and high performant data infrastructure and products in parallel delivering on business-critical insights that fuel business decision making
- Expert knowledge in modern analytics and data tools such as, but not limited to; Adobe Analytics, Snowflake, Alation, Tableau and various DMP and CDP platform; and scripting languages such as Python, R, SAS a plus
- Strong ability to forge relationships with business users to understand current business process and articulate ways in which we could evolve to make even better decisions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- MSc or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.