BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage engineers build the industry’s most innovative, high-performance, and highly available portfolio of products that are designed for the most demanding mission critical applications. While we deliver hardware storage appliances, over 90% of our engineering staff are software engineers. As a BMC firmware engineer, you will be working on Pure’s Flash Array and Flash Blade product lines and driving conversations about the product with the key stakeholders across the organization. It will require the ability to take a system wide approach to problem solving, while being comfortable with diving deep into specific areas.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Responsible for implementing the Firmware architecture and System management software across Flash Array and Flash Blade platforms.
- You should be able to architect and design software with minimal mentor-ship.
- Developing and reviewing code, reviewing design documents, use-case and test plan review.
- Encouraged to write automated unit test suites for each implemented module and maintain detailed unit test case reports
- Provide software quality reports based on static analysis, code coverage, CPU load.
- Work with security team to ensure developed code is in line with product security goals
- Drive product life cycles with QA teams to productize the module, and be responsible as a product owner.
- Responsible for keeping task tracking system up to date in an agile development environment.
SKILLS THAT YOU NEED FOR THE ROLE…
- Domain expertise in BMC firmware development experience on X86 or ARM Platforms.
- Board Bring-up expertise with hands-on experience in Device drivers like I2C, SPI, PCI, SMBus, Mail-box etc.
- OOB or In-band System Management experience with exposure to standards IPMI, KCS, DMTF and Redfish etc.
- You will be defining the architecture for errors, stats & configuration appropriate to CPU, DIMM, SSDs, NICs, IB, BMC etc. for an enterprise readiness of Pure Storage platforms.
- Understanding on REST architecture style, for example, JSON over HTTPs
- Excellent understanding of distributed systems with hands-on coding experience on IPC and RPC frameworks
- Programming and scripting skills using C/C++, Bash, Python, Go etc. both for Linux user-space programs and system programs with thorough code reviewing skills.
- Strong in Linux fundamentals, various Linux distributions and packages, Linux upgrade mechanisms, building and deploying Linux images.
- Awareness of industry standards like Open Compute, OpenBMC, IPMI, DMTF, Redfish and open source.
- Expertise in system software and platform security for x86/ARM based Rack/Blade server systems.
- Experience in customizing Linux distributions for embedded, desktop, server or cloud applications.
- Experience in working with upstream open source communities.
- Working knowledge of common tools and frameworks used in CI/CD environments.
- Bachelor’s or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
SKILLS YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL…
- You have proven ability and desire to work in a collaborative and team oriented environment.
- You love technology, working with talented people and have a passion to build cool new products.
- You are flexible, accountable and have excellent communication skills.
- You value soft skills and are enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated.
- You thrive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.