BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
As a leader of a DevTools Team, you will work to improve the tooling and process to enable our engineers to make use of our infrastructure as a service in a self-service manner and ensure they have the ability to easily navigate our offerings. You will be leading a team that will be developing the tools, process, and working with users to improve their experience. You will also lead an Operations Team responsible for day to day operation and reliability of the test infrastructure. This means setting and owning SLO goals for uptime and latency, as well as helping colleagues leverage the features and workflows available to them.
We are looking for engineering leaders who have experience in managing SysAdmin, DevOps, and SRE Teams and are passionate about reliability, devops, performance, and efficiency.
- Own custom tooling and services for our users to interact with our infrastructure, and work with our stakeholders to improve them
- Own services of test infrastructure systems such as databases, message queues, APIs, and distributed applications through the use of data and metrics such as SLOs and error budgets.
- Lead an operation team to troubleshoot enterprise virtualization technologies based on VMs and containers such as VMWare, OpenStack, and Kubernetes.
- Support engineering projects through activities such as resource management, project management, capacity planning, and general application lifecycle management.
- Collaborate with team members, across business units, and across multiple time zones to create high quality customer outcomes.
- Coach, mentor, and help with career development of team members
- Demonstrated Coding ability with one or similar of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, or Go;
- Experience in leading a teams of Sysadmin, devops and software developers.
- Able to lead a 24x7 oncall rotation using a follow the sun model (i.e. 8am to 8pm local time pager duty)
- Systematic problem-solving approach, strong communication skills, and a sense of ownership and drive;
- Experience in analyzing performance & debugging Enterprise Systems.
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years of experience in managing tech teams of at least 7-10 software engineers;
- Well organized, with ability to prioritize tasks for teams, set goals and lead through in order to see them to completion.
- Understanding of Unix/Linux, and optionally Windows operating systems;
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code / Automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, CloudFormation);
- Experience with containers and container orchestration systems such as Docker and/or Kubernetes;
- Experience configuring Layer2/Layer3 hybrid networks, and managing network services such as DNS, DHCP, and NTP;
- Understanding of hardware management services such as CIMC, or UCS Manager;
- Experience with system design and scaling software applications;
- Experience with monitoring platforms such as Nagios, Prometheus, and Grafana to comprehend service health and create dashboards;
- Experience with storage administration such as Pure Storage, including troubleshooting.
The annual base salary range is: $123,000 - $185,000. Salary ranges are determined based on role, level and location. For positions open to candidates in multiple geographical locations, the base salary range is reflective of the labor market across the applicable locations. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity. And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events - check out purebenefits.com for more information.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.