BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
PURE IN PRAGUE
We opened our R&D Second Home (besides the one in Silicon Valley) in Prague in January 2020 and since then we have experienced unbelievable growth. Our Engineers are solving complex engineering problems (from low-level system software to cloud computing) that help us innovate our cutting-edge products. Besides our world-class Software Engineering teams, we have many other talented colleagues working in Product Management, Sales, Finance, and HR to name a few. What’s more, we’ve developed these teams from talent across the globe.
The FlashBlade organisation is building the FlashBlade product: it is an advanced, all-flash storage solution for consolidating fast file and object data.
Our team is called Continuous Integration, Tools and Infrastructure team. We develop, deploy and run all the internal infrastructure services and applications. We create complex and high scale solutions for the development teams working on the FlashBlade product using a wide variety of tools and technologies: Docker, Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, PostgreSQL.
Another aspect of our work is to provide data for better visibility and tracking ability of development processes. At the end of the day, our mission is to make development fun and rewarding for all engineers.
IF YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE, YOU WILL...
- Design and build software that increases the productivity of every developer on the engineering team
- Create tools and automation that make testing and integration faster, simpler, and more effective and let engineers self-service to help themselves
- Optimize and manage resources and create reports to track against metrics
- Deploy and run multi-site services and scale deployments to a variety of systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation during working hours to support critical applications/services
- Optimize the throughput and reliability of our Continuous Integration systems and processes and infrastructure
- Automate, automate, automate. Have a sharp eye for toil and ruthlessly eliminate it
- Provide insight to and implement fundamentals such as monitoring, production best-practices, incident response, and self-services
- Work with Pure Storage hardware and software (we build on top of our own leading-edge technology: Flashblade)
- Work with microservices (Docker, Consul, Nomad, Kafka, Spark)
- Develop and extend our current software written in Python, Go, Java for backend, Typescript (React) for frontend
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Knowledge of application & system design
- 3–5 years minimum working in a CI/CD, DevOps or SRE role
- Proven experience of shepherding applications to a production state
- Strong troubleshooting capabilities across both software and deployment stacks
- Fluency in a programming or scripting language like Go or Java
- Knowledge and strong experience working with CI and CD
- Linux knowledge: Centos and Ubuntu (or derivatives)
- Strong communication skills and sense of ownership
- Relentless desire to learn, automate, and improve code and infrastructure
WHAT WOULD BE BENEFICIAL...
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- Experience with Python, Typescript (React)
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL or any relational database
- Experience with storage products
- You’ve worked with containers and software-defined infrastructure/infrastructure as code: Puppet, Ansible, Chef etc.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems like Prometheus, Nagios, or Grafana, etc.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.