BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Program Manager- Business Applications
The Digital Transformation Group (DTG) PMO team provides Project and Program Management to key cross-functional and technical initiatives. The team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to orchestrate project resources and activities in the end-to-end execution and delivery of one or more HR/Payroll IT programs and projects. Your leadership and guidance will enable the team to deliver solutions more efficiently, more reliably and with more visibility, while ensuring collaboration and communication across our teams and shared processes, helping to remove impediments and improve cross-team execution.
If you are a strong leader, energetic self-starter, strategic thinker and passionate about delivering results and providing value, we would love to have you join our team!
What You’ll Do
- Oversee all phases of one or more projects and actively manage project execution, coordinating with team members and vendors
- Develop project charters, resource plans, project schedule, budget and other project management deliverables as required by project lifecycle methodology
- Set up project team structure, defining project governance and processes
- Actively manage the execution of projects, assigning tasks to project resources, managing project scope, tasks, budget, and quality to meet deliverables and commitments
- Oversee RFP/RFI processes and procuring of external resources and services
- Ensure completion of risk, security, architecture, disaster recovery, ROI, and other mandated assessments
- Conduct project team and steering committee meetings with documented minutes and follow up actions
- Collaborate with product owners to ensure the product backlog is well-groomed and ready for the next sprint
- Run Agile ceremonies, sessions, and workshops
- Assist scrum teams, through coaching & mentoring, to be self-directed with strong decision making, conflict resolution, and transparency
- Proactively manage risk, issues and dependencies, executing risk mitigation and taking corrective measures
- Manage and maintain centralized project document repository
- Ensure all deliverables and commitments are compliant with relevant standards, processes, and methodology
- Prepare for and ensure projects pass applicable stage gate reviews
- Track and provide product or program dashboard and metrics
- Execute project communications and reporting
- Provide accurate, timely and transparent project updates to all appropriate levels of management
- Understand HR systems and specifically how Workday configuration and Workday Integrations are managed
- Understand the HR domain and functioning of HR organizations- Talent Management, Compensation, Recruiting, HR Business partners, HR Operations
- Understand the Business dynamics between HR and IT organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information sciences or related field or equivalent experience
- Must have 4+ years of meaningful experience in project management experience with proven track record in delivering complex, enterprise, or cross-functional IT or technology projects
- Must have agile or hybrid waterfall/agile experience
- Experience with cloud technologies strongly preferred
- Hands-on experience with Atlassian and other project management tooling (JIRA, Confluence, JQL, Dashboards, Smartsheets)
- Desirable: SAFe certified, or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Hands-on experience working on complex projects touching various components across applications and stack layers
- Highly organized, excellent attention to detail, follow-up and follow-through, prioritizing across multiple concurrent initiatives and shifting demands
- Experience in managing project financials
- Proven problem solver with strong interpersonal skills to influence, maintain positive relationships, and collaborate with people at all levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver messages across a broad range of audiences
- Team player – our teams will rely on your leadership and cooperation is key to success
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.