BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pure’s largest to date and our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes and containers.
What You Will Be Doing
- You shall be managing multiple functions of engineering like Architecture, Design and Development including functional quality.
- You shall be responsible for planning, tracking, and delivering the product releases.
- You shall support the customer PoCs, eng escalations.
- Hands-on management to help lead and ship products with high quality and efficiently scale the team to support the company's growth.
- You shall build the team for development and delivery of products/features on the roadmap with a customer first approach
- Work with development and product teams in prioritizing and planning
- Work with program management teams to bring best practices and efficient engineering processes
- Ability to gather and communicate meaningful operational metrics (employee workload, resource utilization, progress towards team's goals, defining and measuring against SLOs and SLAs)
- You will also provide the necessary technical direction and mentor employees on your team and others within the Engineering organization.
- Collaborate with other leaders, architects and product owners that are geographically distributed to manage dependencies and handoffs
What You Bring To The Team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 plus years of technical management experience, at multiple levels while staying hands-on product and solution design and development.
- Experienced hiring manager and mentor with a track record of building teams in a high growth business. Has a track record of hiring and retaining diverse technical teams. Is someone people want to follow to their next job.
- Experience in building and delivering SaaS software/solutions. Kubernetes and AWS/Google/Azure clouds preferred.
- Understand Kubernetes and the systems used to manage it
- Experience running systems on top of virtualization platforms such as VMware, and public cloud(AWS, Azure,GCP, IBM Cloud)
- Familiar with security best practices around user data and systems management in a development environment
- Has direct experience working with a distributed, international team. Is open minded, culturally sensitive, understands the challenges and can roll out creative tools and communication strategies to promote an effective working environment and culture.
- Proven expertise in managing projects throughout the entire development life-cycle.
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end product development best practices
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.