BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Storage is seeking for an IT Asset Management professional that will handle the day-to-day asset lifecycle ranging from acquisition to retirement that includes: tracking and managing IT hardware assets throughout their life cycle, providing accurate and complete asset information is available to support financial reporting and forecasting, manage asset-related liabilities and risks, improve customer service and responsiveness, and establishing a foundation for Asset Management services.
The ideal candidate will independently be able to evaluate the current process, propose improvements, and implement them. The role is a global role that supports the lifecycle management of hardware assets and configuration management information in support of an accurate and functional CMDB.
What You'll Do
- Overall accountability for data quality, integrity, and security of Hardware Asset Management (HAM) Database
- Report to leadership the state of the CMDB via KPIs, regular dashboards, process lifecycle improvement, and trend reports
- Identify and drive process improvements directly and cross-functionally through your ability to facilitate buy-in
- Maintain ownership over the internal asset management knowledge base for ongoing improvement and visibility to the organization
- Work with the IT Team and regarding the timeline and status of purchase requests and deployment.
Inventory Management (Globally)
- Develop and implement procedures for tracking company hardware assets to oversee chain-of-custody throughout their life cycles
- Manage the procurement of hardware for timely delivery related to onboarding, offboarding, and break/fix support.
- Maintain a desired stock level of specific products or items globally.
- Ensure depot locations are always stocked with the items needed to keep employees productive
- Promptly receive incoming inventory and maintain an impeccable workspace
- Track warranties that expire, and hardware nearing EOL.
- Partner with Pure Good to manage donation inventory
- Ensure all data is removed from all donations
- Maintain loss or theft reporting
- Conduct physical audits quarterly and share with IT/Finance
- Work with Service Desk members in other regions to unify processes globally
- Procurement process
- Ingest Process
- End of life process
- Prepare phones, computers, and/or accessories for shipment to remote team members
- Occasionally build and configure laptops for new hires, break/fix, and upgrades
Vendor / Supplier Management
- Onboard new approved vendors
- Quarterly supplier check-ins focused on improvements and challenges
- Identify opportunities to improve distribution pipelines
- Focus on International supplier strategy
- Build pivotal relationships with our global vendors/suppliers and work through logistical issues with professionalism.
- Maintain vendor relationships and ensure commitment to contractual agreements
- Analyze purchasing effectiveness and resolve purchasing issues.
- Ensuring we have stock for New Hires and refreshes globally
- Planning for stock shortages due to outside circumstances or constraints
- Partner with Finance to outline budgets and address constraints
- Work to maximize returns and minimize losses on assets
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of IT software and hardware as well as five or more years’ experience working as an IT asset analyst
- Superior people skills and ability to manage expectations on purchase status requests.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fundamental understanding of Process Management / Asset Management. Knowledge of CMDB, ITIL concepts
- Experience in IT procurement and Inventory best practice process based on ITIL and ITAM framework
- Working knowledge of service management principles, including management and understanding of relationship types of configuration items (CIs)
- Proven ability and experience in executing strategic asset management processes successfully
- Strong ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision
- Good attention to detail and have wizardry spreadsheet skills (Google Sheets, Excel, etc.)
- BA/BS in related field strongly preferred
- ServiceNow experience a major advantage
- Possess IAITAM Certification, such as CHAMP, CSAM, and CITAM.
- ITIL v3/v4 Practitioner
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.