BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
Pure Storage is seeking to hire a Solutions Architect focused on VMware Solutions for the Solutions Engineering Group. This individual is a highly technical professional with an in-depth knowledge of the storage industry and specifically of VMware products and solutions, including the VMware product portfolio covering the main solution areas:
- Cloud Native Apps (VMware Tanzu)
- Cloud Infrastructure (VMware Cloud Foundation, VMware on Public Cloud)
- Software Defined Data Center (vSphere, vCenter, NSX, vSAN, Virtual Volumes)
- Desktop and App Virtualization (VMware Horizon, App Volumes)
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (vSphere HA/DRS, VMware Site Recovery Manager, vSphere Metro Storage Cluster)
- Cloud Management (vCloud Director, vRealize Suite: Automation, Orchestrator, Operations, Log Insight).
You will work to create technical content for Pure Storage products and solutions that are targeted to Customers, Field Sales Teams, and Partners. You will also work closely with Product Management as well as other teams on the company’s current and future strategies.
If you are a creative thinker and can independently determine what needs to be done and how to do it, we are looking for you.
- Influence and execute the solutions roadmap with VMware technologies and integrations.
- Responsible for developing technical collateral to highlight Reference Architectures and Best Practices
- Build and demonstrate solutions within our lab using Pure Storage and VMware technologies
- Lead projects working with cross-functional teams to build and demonstrate solutions
- Create technical presentations for customer, field, and partner use
- Learn and understand the technical strategy in regard to Marketing Requirements Documents (MRD)
- Participate in cross-functional team reviews to help identify gaps and influence product roadmaps
- Evangelize the VMware Solutions both internally and externally to customers/partners/prospects
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- A minimum of 10 years of experience is required
- A Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in computer science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required
- Certification across VMware product portfolio to VCP/VCAP/VCDX level highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Demonstrated experience in authoring technical white papers as well as project outlining and/or planning is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to interpret performance data from operating systems. Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting is highly desired
- Public speaking skills are required as you will be representing Pure Storage at various industry events
- Experience with Cisco UCS/Nexus/MDS Compute/Network technologies would be highly regarded
- High Availability and cross-data center replication knowledge at the application or storage level is a plus
- VMware Community Engagement: - vExpert/VMUG User Groups/SocialMedia.
- Ability to plan, outline and publish professional technical documents on schedule
- Ability to translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, cross-functionally within the company, and with partners
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks within a dynamic work environment
- Some travel, domestic and international, may be required.
- Experience with Cloud Native Applications including Kubernetes/Openshift and Containers
- Experience with infrastructure as code, including Ansible, Terraform, Powershell and Python, is required
- Thorough knowledge of VMware product portfolio including: vSphere ESXi, vCenter, Tanzu, NSX, vSAN, vVols, VMFS, VASA, VAAI, VCF, VMware on AWS/Azure/Google, Horizon, vRealize Automation/Orchestrator/Operations/Log Insight, Site Recovery Manager, vCloud Director
- Working knowledge of data center infrastructures and environments, including storage, compute, and networking
- Sound Linux operating system knowledge
- Ability to create, architect, and implement a solution in our lab to create demos, a testbed for new products, and benchmarks
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.