BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
As a Field Solution Architect you are part evangelist, part systems engineer, and part developer promoting Pure in the technical community. You love sharing your knowledge with the larger community through blog posts, webinars and presentations. You enjoy sensing trends in the market and flexing your visionary skills by identifying promising new opportunities, applications, and workflows for the Pure platform. As an industry expert you enjoy consulting and advising the field and customers on architecting, managing, and scaling their systems as well as helping with competitive analysis, design and implementation of successful POC’s. You also enjoy building prototypes to prove out potential use cases in your area of expertise.
You have deep technical experience working with technologies related to software development, performance tuning, virtualization and maybe even containerization . You must be familiar with the ecosystem of software vendors in the space, and will leverage this knowledge to help influence where Pure should invest from a partnership and product perspective. You also have the ability and desire to jump in and learn new emerging technologies and applications in this ever changing ecosystem, always looking for ways to enable the company's digital transformations through Pure’s Data Storage and Portworx .
This position can be based in any major US city.
What You Bring To The Team
- Proficient in one or more of the following: Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB, and Oracle
- Proven experience diagnosing performance issues and tuning databases
- An outside the box thinker who can think innovatively.
- Deep understanding of software and/or data engineering
- Experience supporting or designing data architecture for Enterprise Companies.
- The ability to quickly dig in to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Outstanding content creation, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong passion for learning and teaching others.
- Willingness to promote a culture of collaboration by partnering with solution stakeholders across the organization.
- A strong desire to mentor and coach team members throughout the organization.
- Motivated and self-starting
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers, coworkers as well as customers, partners and key industry stakeholders
- Advanced degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Ability to create and present technical training for the field on targeted solutions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with sales and alliance teams in delivering compelling messaging to software developers, data scientists, engineers and/or architects within strategic accounts.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales around target solutions
- Experience in IT or cloud Infrastructure with special emphasis in areas of Compute, Storage, Analytics Services, Big Data and distributed computing
Pure Storage applies a geographic based pay structure depending on an employee’s location. For applicants located in Colorado (as required by SB19-085) :
- The annual base salary range is: $125,300 - $188,300. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
For applicants located in New York ( as required by New York City Human Rights Law 2022/032):
- The annual base salary range is: $138,600 - $207,900. This role may be eligible for incentive pay and/or equity.
- US Benefits Summary
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.