BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
FB product line is a rocket ship on an amazing growth trajectory and with huge untapped potential ahead of it. As a Director of an Eng team in the FlashBlade BU, one of the fastest growing at Pure, you will help us add boosters to this rocket ship and accelerate its market expansion. You will make a large impact on key strategic initiatives across multiple product areas.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU'LL...
You will drive product development and grow the engineering organization. The successful candidate must understand the dynamics of global R&D with the ability to implement Pure values and leadership attributes, while at the same time champion and enable evolving the culture for future needs. This is a matrixed role that requires the ability to lead and influence multiple stakeholders across Business Units and the company. You will be responsible for the creation of products and will partner with product management and various other software teams. You will also provide technical direction and mentoring to employees on your team and others to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Own and drive various engineering outcomes (including but not limited to features delivery) end to end for FlashBlade towards enabling business and customer success
- Work with the technical team on the product definition and schedule, manage appropriate portions of the roadmap. Foresee, resolve and mitigate dependencies, contentions and risks towards end to end delivery, and enhance team awareness of unknown risks.
- Drive definition, content, schedule and overall engineering deliverables and set it up for success in the field/customer base.
- Enable the team headcount scoping, feature load and definition
- Ensure proper work staffing, schedule correctness and predictability
- Improve the work delivery by working with stakeholders on separating the “must haves” from the “nice to haves”.
- Manage the appropriate portions of budget, handling all HW needs / requirements and capex and opex asks
- Take ownership of the product quality, and metrics
- Optimize team processes to improve quality, productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities and set up the program for success in the field
- Ensure clarity and communications across FB Eng groups, cross-functional stakeholders and other BUs.
- Set goals for appropriate programs, track and periodically communicate to stakeholders as well as ensure corrective actions/mitigations as needed
- Lead or participate in vendor / partner discussions to optimize the SW roadmap
- Responsible for ensuring that FlashBlade complies with all SLAs to the customer
- Responsible for anything additional required by the business - including working with vendors, partners and outside authorities to accomplish this.
- Responsible for communications with Forensics/Escalations teams during customer escalations
- Overcome obstacles by resolving issues, regardless of team boundaries, and identify and resolve teamwork issues.
- Solid operational and technical judgment; ability to influence a growing organization.
- Be the single point person for delivery decisions, exec and cross team communication and working with various functional groups to deliver the program
- Coach and develop team members in individual contributor roles and in engineering management roles.
- Enable and enhance hiring, onboarding, engagement and retention practices
- Organize team structures, responsibilities, engagements and mutual dependencies for optimal employee growth and business success.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 7+ years of engineering management, preferably at least 2+ years of second or third-level management experience
- Demonstrated change agent with capabilities to identify and deliver on operational and cultural changes that would enable faster time to market while driving organization consistency and efficiency.
- 10+ years of hands-on software development experience with the ability and desire to learn new technology
- Experience in building and growing teams
- Working knowledge of system software development in C++ and/or C or other relevant language
- Working knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience developing and delivering storage, networking, security or database systems and appliances is a plus
- Proven expertise in managing multiple complex programs and schedule throughout the entire SDLC, including investigation, design, execution and delivering to market on schedule, and ensuring feedback loops from customers into development
- Experience growing an agile (Scrum) environment with short cycles
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong customer focus
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical, cross-functional groups.
- Patient, energetic and calm under pressure
- Security certifications are a plus
- Critical problem solving and demonstrated ability to work with various stakeholders, tracking and management
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.