BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
We are looking for a Senior Competitive Intelligence Manager who is passionate about defining and enabling the Pure sales teams, and partners, with winning competitive tactics & strategies. If you are a self-starter, are fundamentally curious, passionate about competitive research and analysis to formulate and position competitive advantage, have deep insights into real-world customer challenges, enterprise infrastructure (i.e. hybrid-cloud, containers, storage, etc.) experience, understand storage buyers’ needs, and have a strong knowledge of storage architectures and the product landscape, then we want to hear from you!.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Proactively own and drive the overall competitive analysis in the area of enterprise hybrid-cloud, containers, primary & secondary storage for structured and unstructured data, and hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI)
- Provide actionable competitive intelligence, as tactics and strategies to win deals against the competition by stitching together information from competitor’s technologies, business, go-to-market strategy, product strategy, messaging, product guides/manuals, etc.
- Own and maintain a range of competitive deliverables including rapid-response pieces, playbooks, presentations, podcasts, videos, and competitive training webinars
- Contribute to quarterly new-hire training, Sales/SE Bootcamps, etc.
- Track, analyze, and share timely responses to competitive announcements and FUD
- Train Pure Storage sales team and partners on competitive differentiation, landmines, PoCs, as needed
- Evangelize Pure's competitive differentiation via EBCs, direct-dial support, blogs, etc.
- Interface regularly with Pure’s field sales teams, field CTOs, BU product management and product marketing teams, strategic planning & corporate development, executive staff, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 5+ yrs experience in a similar role within the enterprise storage industry
- Deep knowledge of the enterprise storage (block, file, and/or object), hybrid-cloud, containers, and applications landscape
- Strong understanding of real-world customer issues and the pressing needs of storage buyers
- Strong aptitude for analyzing competitor’s products, strategy, and messaging
- Skilled at developing relevant and effective sales guidance and recommendations
- Passion for articulating and arming Pure’s field and partners with actionable competitive intelligence.
- Aptitude for translating technical features to business value as a means of differentiating Pure Storage
- “Can do” attitude
- Comfortable interfacing with senior members of the Pure Storage sales, marketing, and engineering teams.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.