BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
The Pure Systems Partner Technical Director is the inspirational leader of highly motivated technical resources whose goal is to support the Channel Sales organisation for all pre-sales customer engagements across EMEA & Latin America. Pure Storage is 100% devoted to the channel for all sales transactions and continues to strive to build a world-class technical channel community.
The Partner Technical Director must have an understanding or experience with the channel business and how to position the value of a Pure Storage solution and be an authority on industry standard technologies. In addition to hiring, mentoring and leading a team spanning multiple countries and regions, the Partner Technical Director must be able to do develop strategic relationships and partnership with the EMEA Partner Sales leaders as well as the regional sales and presales leadership teams.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING....
- Lead an organisation of Pure partner technical managers to optimise sales and revenue volume with the Pure Elite and Channel partners. Partner with sales management to ensure forecast objectives are met.
- Be a beacon of positivity capable of inspiring and motivating Pure partner technical managers to reach higher levels of success and attracting customers to adopt Pure Storage technology.
- Ensure Pre-sales technical resources mentor and develop strong pre-sales and delivery technical engineers within the channel. This is critical to their success.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to partner technical managers in the areas of product demonstrations, proof of concepts, RFPs, overcoming sales objections and technical sales presentations.
- Perform key functions to recruit the industries top systems engineers including interviewing, hiring, monitoring, employee feedback and documentation, counselling and coaching, and performance management / improvement when needed.
- Motivate systems engineering teams and build a sense of team engagement by participating in incentive, reward, and recognition programs that connect individuals’ contributions to the organisation's objectives.
- Assess skill sets and provide ongoing coaching and feedback to team members to meet objectives, reinforce sales methodology and provide guidance on career path direction. Implement personal development plans for individual team members.
- Understand intricacies of the assigned territory and teach SE team how to identify and capitalise on business opportunities and leverage CSA/SI/ISV partners to drive revenue.
- Obtain weekly and monthly SE to opportunity performance metrics and promote opportunity awareness and proactive SE engagement by monitoring Salesforce.com activities.
- Collect Channel Partner feedback, enhancements and feature requests and disseminate findings to product management, engineering, SE Management, corporate and technical support to continuously improve product offerings.
- Communicate, connect, and align people within the direct team and develop internal relationships across Pure Storage.
- Manage the partner technical managers team job definitions and objectives.
- Develop a Plan for Success for the organisation; provide quarter QBR management summaries to both the Theatre SE VP and Channel Sales leadership; in a formal presentation at respective QBRs.
- Build meaningful relationships with key partners and Pure Storage SE’s within their resident geography and assigned partner base
- Focus on enablement & relationship building for limited # of partners & new recruits
- Management and creation of technical enablement plan for channel partners.
- Mentor and assist partners with evaluations and benchmarks, system configurations, and system installations
- Owns, monitors, reports on, and drives technical enablement activities for assigned partner base.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE ROLE....
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Experience in Pre-sales, selling data storage solutions and strong understanding of business drivers for Line of Business solutions within enterprise organisations.
- Self-motivation, self-management, and professionalism with advanced organisational, negotiation, problem solving skills and team building skills.
- Superior level of specialised sales and product solution knowledge and a solid understanding of Pure Storage competitive domain and technologies.
- Able to articulate and understand the customer strategy and Pure Storage solution strategy to a technical level of detail for the specific technical area and teach systems engineers these concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com.
- Strong technical and tactical problem-solving skills and experience with complex engineering designs. Must have the ability to explain complex ideas and schemas and train sales engineering team.
- Knowledge of data storage, cloud computing and virtualisation technologies.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including the corporate office in Mountain View, California.
- Strong work ethic, attitude and follow through ability.
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of systems engineering management experience.
- 10+ years of Pre-sales experience in IT
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.