BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING...
- Plan and execute system hardware (HW) projects alongside an enthusiastic team
- Participation in all phases of the product development including architecture, design, documentation, validation, and debug.
- Help create automated tests to aid validation/qualification.
- Create HW/System Functional Specification.
- Design circuits and draw schematics.
- Lead/manage board layout.
- Work with Operations on device/system level chip selection, Mechanical on power/thermal analysis, and HW Engs on signal integrity simulation.
- Perform failure analysis as continual quality improvement along with supporting customer escalation.
- Work with diagnostics engineers by providing direction and reviewing test plans to ensure proper coverage.
- Work with vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Mentor and coach, part of Pure culture.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
Nice to have:
- A degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, with either:
- Masters with 1+ years of professional work experience.
- Bachelors with 3+ years of professional work experience.
- Experience working on enterprise hardware (Storage or x86 Servers).
- Experience with HW design tools (Orcad schematic capture, Allegro, HyperLynx signal integrity).
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, BASH) and can read C.
- Experience with lab equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, analyzers).
- Familiarity with PCIe, DDR, SPI, I2C protocols.
- Understanding of signal integrity and design tradeoffs.
- Familiarity with HW design and qualification process.
- Basic understanding of electronics and circuits.
- Ability to debug and break down complex problems.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing Test, and outside vendors/contract manufacturers to deliver high quality products.
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and communication skills.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.