BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Our Support Engineering Team
Pure's Tech Support organization is lead by Colin Mead with upwards of 200 employees across 3 locations in Mountain View, Utah, and Ireland. All of the support teams are continuing to grow overall; Utah is our largest 24/7 Support center with over 150 team members.
Tech Support is a key customer-facing organization that is recognized for providing excellent quality customer service. This team offers career advancement opportunities and they're a fun group who work hard to make Pure the best storage company!
What You Will Be Doing
We’re looking for an experienced Escalation Manager to act as the technical and management liaison between our customers and our TAC resources, such as Technical Support and Engineering Escalations, as well as other corporate resources including Sales and Marketing.
You will be the point of contact within Pure for both pre and post-sales escalation issues and you will be responsible for facilitating communication with our partners, customers, our sales offices (both regional and HQ). Primary responsibilities will be the coordination of communications among all these units, tracking and communicating all regional escalations, driving issues through to resolution, identifying trends, performing post-action reviews, root cause analysis, and implementing preventive and corrective actions. You will regularly interact with senior members of the Global Support Management Team, as well as with senior members of the Sales and Engineering teams.
- Once engaged, you will be primary representative for Pure's support organization for all things related to the escalation and coordinating communication and progress updates for Pure support for customers, partners and Pure Sales.
- Responsible for managing critical escalations from initial report to closure including delivering and reviewing root cause analysis Root Cause Analysis
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-organizations, ensure the customer's voice is heard, develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and understand client processes, teams, and environment to expedite engagement and time to resolution.
- Manage customer escalations, take ownership of a crisis from beginning to end while working with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resources have been engaged to resolve the issue and deliver any follow-through actions.
- Proactively identify product defects and drive visibility through the engineering org in order to ensure resolution to critical issues are prioritized.
What You Bring to the Team
- Minimum of 7 years of experience supporting Fortune 500 companies, preferably in enterprise storage, virtualization, networking, or enterprise applications industry.
- Customer focused, understanding the customer requirements and delivering on commitments while working with field teams, GSAMs and backend resources
- Must be fluent in English; bilingual in English and either Cantonese, Mandarin, or Japanese a plus
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills including the ability to deliver technical RCA documents.
- Able to multitask with a strong sense of urgency and be available to manage crisis situations outside of normal working hours.
- Remain calm in highly stressful situations and commitment to problem-solving with the customer being the prime focus with engagements with major accounts at all levels
- Potential travel to client locations
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.